DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck with no manual and no paperwork whatsoever. It is an SLT with a 5.7 Hemi and its 4wd. A pretty basic truck. It has the 5.0 radio, RA2 I think, and speakers in each door and 3 across the dash. If there are more I have yet to see them. No sub under the seats.

Do these speakers all receive the full signal so I can run 2-way or 3-way speakers? What ohm are they? Please don't say they are each different. Ha!

Does the radio have an external amp as an option and if so where would I look for it.? If it has an amp can it be bypassed with a harness somebody sells? I haven't seen the back of the radio yet to see what connections it uses.

The sound quality is hard for me to live with because I have always installed aftermarket audio. But since my last new RAM was 2007 I am both awed and bummed how so many non-audio features are integrated into the audio system. I would like to keep them but I don't suppose an aftermarket unit would allow it.

I would consider an upgrade to the 8.4 full nav unit if it sounds better. But I fear the radio components are the same as the 5 inch.

Any help, tips, advice so I could identify what system I have would be so appreciated. I feel like I have jumped into the future! :surprise

I know it is a lot of questions but I really need the help.

Thank you,

Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.