DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working numbers with a dealer on the truck in the title. It is a 4x4 quad cab, has 31k miles, and has a b&w gooseneck hitch in the bed. It is a big horn edition with pw pl tilt cruise power rear window. So far they will only come down to 29 thousand. I am not all that familure how much one ton set up should add to the price. I would like peoples opinion who have more experience with diesel pricing than I have. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
301 Posts
not bad, but could be better

Sounds as though it is a fairly basic Quad Cab longbed. In today's market, with 31,000 miles on the clock, you should be able to do a bit better. Remember that 2009 will be the last year of the current style HD Ram, and the 2010 remodel may be out as early as this May, so the current style will be priced even more aggressively in the coming months. This is just opinion and it really depends how your local truck market is today. Around here, it is a buyer's market.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I've seen 08s going for as little as $25,000 over the last couple of months. Lower mileage trucks are selling for your price and even higher. I would definitely do as much checking into the history of any 6.7 truck before you buy it to make sure you aren't getting a troublesome truck. We know how to get rid of the issues now (Delete kits / unplugging the EGR) but you could use that info to get a better price if the truck has had lots of issues...
The 3500 SRW option is only a couple hundred bucks over a comparable 2500 model. The only difference is overload springs in the rear. That's it!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
and the 2010 remodel may be out as early as this May, so the current style will be priced even more aggressively in the coming months.
Where did you hear May? Changeover isn't slated to start till the end of June and is going to take over a month to do. Job one is supposed to run off the line the first week of August.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The truck is a short bed, decently equipped truck with cloth seats. KBB is not a great source for vehicle pricing, it doesn't reflect the ups and downs of the market. People are buying these trucks for way under bluebook. I appreciate your responses and think I will hold off on the truck. The search goes on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been working numbers with a dealer on the truck in the title. It is a 4x4 quad cab, has 31k miles, and has a b&w gooseneck hitch in the bed. It is a big horn edition with pw pl tilt cruise power rear window. So far they will only come down to 29 thousand. I am not all that familure how much one ton set up should add to the price. I would like peoples opinion who have more experience with diesel pricing than I have. Thank you in advance.
I just worked a deal this weekend for new 2008 QC SB 4x4 6.7L auto Lonestar (Texas version of Big Horn) with extra options. Three options and leather seats shy of a Larimie. $31,000 + TTL.

Two other dealers would only come down to $34-$35k.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The truck is a short bed, decently equipped truck with cloth seats. KBB is not a great source for vehicle pricing, it doesn't reflect the ups and downs of the market. People are buying these trucks for way under bluebook. I appreciate your responses and think I will hold off on the truck. The search goes on.
Most dealers use the NADA book anyways its more accurate. www.nada.com

PS here in WA they are selling brand new 08's 2500 CTD QC LB BH package for 28K with 0% financing.... Thats one hell of a deal... 0 miles

·
Registered
311 Posts
I thank 31 is to much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.