DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys...ummm....When i removed my resonator from the Throttle Body, there is a hose that comes from a "T" that plugged into it. Now is this just a breather hose?? If so...what do i do with it?

2nd? If thats all this hose is...Where is my Intake Air Tempature Bung? I can get pics uploaded if needed....but i think i described it well. Do i need to find the IAT bung and put into the piping?

Thanks Guys...

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
well the one wire with a black end that has what looks like a little blue bulb in the end of it, this is you air temp sensory. The hose type gizzmo is just the breather filter nothing important!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You have an air breather hose that goes from the bottom of the oil filler pipe to the air intake setup and you have a air temparature sensor that plugs in to the front of that resonater..what are you trying to do?

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i just need to pick up a breather filter? or can i just Plug it up?

Thanks for the reply....the IAT wasn't connected to the resonator..lol. I do know that.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
why do you want to plug it up...It would go on a nipple of any aftermarket CAI. You have to connect you Air temp. sensor or it will run funny!!

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to....remove all of resonator and flex piping and install a 4" pvc pipe down sized to match up on both ends to the Throttle body and stock airbox. I removed all of the resonator by loosening to bolts, one clamp, removed the one hose which connected to a "t" and then pulled it up to pull it out with the little gromet thing. Still haven't seen anything else that was plugged in.

Thanks guys

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
you took off the IAT correct...that the only thing you really need to worry about!

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was nothing hooked to the flex pipe or the resonator....besides the hose with that "T" fitting...which i am sure is the Breather Hose. This is on an 02 4.7L....could the IAT be located elsewhere?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Your Air Temp Sensor is located on the DRIVERS SIDE, Second intake runner from the back. It will be a Grey plug with two wires going into it

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
The IAT is in the intake manifold directly under the IAC and TPS connectors on the throttle body. It's mounted vertically and goes right down into the manifold. If you're going to relocate it, you'll need a bung or hole in your CAI, but then you'll need to plug the port it was originally mounted in. Air_Ram has the plug for cheap.

You can either plug the breather hose into the CAI, or you can run one of those little breather filters off of it (don't think that's legal though).

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys....lets go hunt the IAT.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Ok let us know when you find it..

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I think you can pass emissions either way..so....F it!

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HEMI450HP said:
Who cares...just plug it anyway :D

:crazy: I plugged something. I put a breather filter on the "T". I drove the truck for 12 miles, no CEL's.

Butt dyno, feels like it pulls harder. I'm gonna post some pics of exhaust and the intake at once on Wed. or Thursday. OVERVIEW: Isn't quite finished, it ended being a SRI and not CAI. I still haven't found the IAT sensor...lmao. At 65mph...the rpm's are about 100-200 rpm lower. The truck is idling at about 800 rpm, that sound about right. After pulling the negative battery cable...and driving for about 10-12 miles. I stopped in the middle of the road, and floored it.....and i left my first black mark, soooo i must have gained a little something. 4" filter, however it had to be mated to a 3"-4" reducer, 90* elbow into a 4" to a 3" reducer into the TB. Sounds awesome at WOT. The truck has a "Cam-ish" sound at idle....unsure if thats a good thing or not. At WOT though...the truck pulls harder or so it seems. But the sound says it all...its about 3 x's louder and then a little quiter at idle. Gonna scuff the pipe and paint it either silver or black. i am leaning towards making it Cold air and being able to remove it back into SRI.....soooo far I am very Pleased. If anyone has a good pic of where the stock location for the 4.7L IAT sensor is and it will help even more to relocate it....i'll appreciate it tons.

Thanks guys, couldn't have done it w/o the help lol.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
dude im glad it worked out......please post some pics...

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will do guys, Thanks for bearing w/ me, haha. The celica was soooo much easier, if that makes any sense....but then again it was an aftermarket Intake from AEM. I like the whole custom setup process....and so far it hasn't helped mileage at all....i think i'm getting about 12 mpg....I dunnnnnno why, i swear :drivingz: . There are 2 bad things linked to this mod.

1). I'm at school and the truck will be at home till tuesday now.
2). I'm not gonna be able to afford tires :dunno:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
4.7L_02_QC said:
Will do guys, Thanks for bearing w/ me, haha. The celica was soooo much easier, if that makes any sense....but then again it was an aftermarket Intake from AEM. I like the whole custom setup process....and so far it hasn't helped mileage at all....i think i'm getting about 12 mpg....I dunnnnnno why, i swear :drivingz: . There are 2 bad things linked to this mod.

1). I'm at school and the truck will be at home till tuesday now.
2). I'm not gonna be able to afford tires :dunno:
12 is good...Ive been at 11.4 for weeks....after the CAI i did yesterday..that will surely drop...lol

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Who cares...just plug it anyway :D
I had the same one on mine when I had the aFe CAI on it. But the Air_Ram was too easy to hook into, so I redid it. I'm thinking about saving myself numerous cleaning sessions on my TB and going with the breather filter again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.