DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the correct PN for a replacement Bosch precat O2 for a 98 Ram 1500 - 318 - auto.

The parts place keeps telling me their catalogue lists a RH and LH but I tried to tell them the truck only has 1 O2 before the cat. Rather than argue with the kid who knows FA I had them give me the LH which was the only one they had in stock. Well the wires were too short and would not reach the harness above the trans. Upon returning it they gave me "the right one". The wire was longer but the plug was wrong, it was the rear O2. :VHOT:

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah-have run into this too--can't give you a part number but have had to take the 02 out and take it to the parts store so they can find it- The problem seems to be that Chrysler tended to use what they had on hand, so if you go back a year, like call your 98 a 97, and know if its a calif or fed truck they can usually find it. NAPA has helped me more than anyone else on this problem. Even the dealer gets it wrong. Good luck.

·
Derelict
392 Posts
I've had the same problem. I'm guessing that early '98s still had a '97 exhaust. Or whoever made the "master parts list" that everybody uses just got it wrong. There's a reason that dealers use the VIN to look up parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.