DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Dodge 1500 4x4 and was wondering if anyone has moved their upper coil buckets to get some extra cheap lift. I was wondering if it would be worth it or more work than it is worth. I know you'd have to correct the other suspension parts. Anyway just seeing if anyone has done it.

· Ram x2
391 Posts
Well, it's called a coil spacer really.... That is basically what a coil spacer does is relocate the upper contact point for the spring.

I understand what you are asking, but you can get up to 5" tall coil spacers so relocating the bucket becomes kinda pointless.

Regardless of how you do it though keep this in mind - 3" of lift is max for stock length control arms, and 5" lifts require different geometry for the control arms. &" and above requires long arms or lots of fender trimming.

There is really no way to cheap out on a lift over 3" though. Do it right the first time, it will be worth the wait.

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
I don't understand are you talking about cutting the mounts off and drilling holes to mount them lower I don't think it would be very strong that way.

· Registered
179 Posts
i would imagine the coil buckets would be a pita to get off the frame without screwing them up since they are welded on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.