DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Higher IS better.
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here I am with my first real problem regarding the CST 7" lift i installed at the end of November. I noticed after a few drives that I was hitting declining bumps harder than inclining bumps. By a declining bump I mean a step down. I first thought it was just the stiffer suspension but come to find out the upper A arms are hitting the upper spring seat with pretty good force and leaving a mark on both the spring cup and the A-arm. What the hell can I do to fix this? There is only about a .5" to 1" space between the A-arm and the spring seat. Does anyone else have this problem? I am having trouble keeping the damn thing aligned because of this issue. It is not major, yet. But I see problems in the future.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
call cst your the first person i have heard of with a problem on there lift usually the cst dose not hit at all maybe they sent u the wrong coils or shocks are to long.

·
Higher IS better.
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left a message with them this weekend. Need to call back today to see what's up. I am wondering if this is a result of the 3" spacer that they supply for the hemi package as opposed to a more forgiving spring setup. Does anyone out there have pictures of the upper A-Arm clearance with their CST kit?

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I will post pics of mine when I get home from work. What brand of shocks do you have installed?

·
Higher IS better.
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks KRS.

I have the CST shocks. Rumor has it that they are comparable to a Bilstein 5150 or 5100.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
they are nice shocks monotubes = better ride than twin tubes. but i know when i was looking at there kit it came with the coil springs and then they changed it to the spacers for the hemi and i went to the procomp instead. but everyone that has the hemi with the springs are not having problems

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Here you go. Sorry they are not the best pics, but I can try to take some better ones if you need them

Attachments

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Man, I hope the 2500 Megacab system dont have this problem

·
Higher IS better.
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow. you have a whole lot more clearance than I do. I'll snap some shots tomorrow to show you. I guess I need to switch to springs. I wonder if the procomps will work with my kit.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Im not sure about the pro comps but my doetsch 3" coils work great. Just another brand for you to consider. I also dont see on doetsch's website that the 5.9s and 5.7s have to run 3" spacers instead of coils either.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i dont think procomp has a coil to fit this setup. my coils are 6inch taller than stock because i have the crossmember your best bet is to just tell cst you want the coils. they will swap them or something. the reason why cst started running 3inch spacers on the hemis is that they were noticeing some sagging after many many miles on the hemi trucks and not the 4.7 trucks. they stated that the 7inch kit would over time turn to a 6inch kit with the sagging.

·
They call me Fred???
530 Posts
Sounds like a limiting strap is needed. Most extreme lifts need them for that very reason. And you don't always want to rely on your shock doing that job as sometimes the best shock for your application has more travel than the suspension itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.