DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never have your windows tinted by other people.. especially if they seem like a ****in idiot.. my back window turned out fine.. but the side windows i wouldnt allow him to do because he said the weatherstripping might end up breaking and i paid 50 bucks just to replace the certain peices he was talking about not too long ago.. turns out i was looking at my truck some more today.. and there is all sorts of yellow shit on my seat.. looks almost like window glue or something.. and it wil not come out with spray-n-wash or anything like that.. and that seat is brand new basically, we had it reupholstered for 300 bucks recently.. i can have that little section of the seat redone.. which im guessing that would cost about 75 bucks.. MORE THAN THE DAMN WINDOW TINT! Now i called him and of course, he said well we looked at it when you were here and there was nothing.. uh, we were looking at the window, not the damn seat.. the funny thing of it is, both times since then that i have drove it, i was wearing a brand new shirt each time.. so there is no way in hell it was me.. and its so noticeable i would have seen it before.. god damn what a ****ing idiot.. anyone have any guesses on something that could remove teh crap?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
That sucks man... sorry to hear about that. Did you go to a big place or a local tint guy?

As for getting it out... I don't know, I've never been too good at keeping stuff clean. lol

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a local tint guy.. (there was only 1 guy near me.. and even he was 30 miles away).. but the actual tint has a lifetime warranty on it.. i didnt care for the guy much to begin with... he just seemed like a real idiot.. and now, my seat is stained.. it looks almost like mustard or something.. i am 100% sure that he did it, there is no way to prove it, and he said he didnt.. and well, he's the owner of the place.. so basically im ****ed. I still want to have the side windows tinted, so now im gonna have to find somewhere else to have them tinted.. god, am i pissed.. he said something about using goo-gone or goo-off or something like that.

·
Gromit
278 Posts
Sorry to hear...ive seen a LOT of really crappy tint jobs. Thats why ive stayed away from tinting my front windows, just stuck with the factory rear tint. I wish you could just order real tinted replacement windows and not have to worry about that glue on crap and people that dont know what theyre doing. I would try goo-gone or goof-off. Hopefully it will work! Good luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Man I had a bad experience with the last tint by the local SOB. That was in NC, I didnt roll the windows down for 3-5 days like he said. it didnt rain or nothing for a week, but the tinting started falling off a month later . the bad thing was I had moved out of NC!
next time Im going to a pro-shop

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there isnt really a pro shop around here.. i actually got some goof off and worked on it a little bit.. and there was all sorts of flakey yellow crap that came out of it.. and its not crusty or anything anymore.. i still need my side windows tinted, and he already pretty much garantueed he would brake the weatherstripping that i just installed.. so i havent decided what i want to do.. i beleive there is 1 or 2 other places i could have it tinted at.

·
AKA: Justin
190 Posts
Did you get that off yet? if not ill ask my tint guy how to get rid of it, for some reason I'm thinking ammonia mix but let me check

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used goof off.. and got most of the crusty feeling and most of it out.. im sure if i really scrub on it some more it will come out completely.. slightly discolored if you know where to look (and i do!) lol.. but unnoticeable to anyone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.