DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering using the factory stereo in my '07 Ram to keep the sirius and mp3 input (and keep it looking stealth).

I've seen "factory system enhancer" components which supposedly take out the bass limitations that are designed to avoid blowing factory speakers.

Has anybody tried using the factory head unit with a 4 or 5 channel amp, subwoofers, and after market speakers? is the 'enhancer' necessary?

Also - I assume that the head unit does not have pre-outs for the amp, so how does one connect an aftermarket amp to the stock head unit?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
460 Posts
In my Charger (which is basically the same setup) I had a 4 channel amp hooked up to the factory deck. I just used an inexpensive low-level coverter ( http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=line&i=142SLC4 ) Ran my speaker wires into it and ran the RCA's out from it into the amp. Very simple.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
i posted about this in your other thread

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can use line level converters, but you won't be getting any kind of sound quality out of it.

You can use one of these: Rockford Fosgate sound processor and get a much better signal to your amps. Now the price is a little step, but it really is a nice unit. I've installed it on several vehicles. You can hook up a PDA to it and tune your system. It's a nice piece.

·
Registered
664 Posts
So guys, can two amps be hooked up to a factory head unit? The reason I asked I have the rec navigation head unit in my 06 and would like to replace my door speakers and use a 4 channel amp. I also like to use a mono amp for my foxbox with 10" subs. Is there one amp I can use to power them all? I already have subs, foxbox, mono amp, and 6x9 speakers for the front doors. All I need now is rear door speakers and an amp for the door speakers. Please let me know, thanks!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
gmoore said:
So guys, can two amps be hooked up to a factory head unit? The reason I asked I have the rec navigation head unit in my 06 and would like to replace my door speakers and use a 4 channel amp. I also like to use a mono amp for my foxbox with 10" subs. Is there one amp I can use to power them all? I already have subs, foxbox, mono amp, and 6x9 speakers for the front doors. All I need now is rear door speakers and an amp for the door speakers. Please let me know, thanks!
yes you can do all that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.