Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've posted a couple questions regarding reg cab subwoofers. I recently spoke with a sales person at best buy who recommended that i simply replace the stock speakers with some better quality ones, and either add an amp of use an aftermarket receiver.

Do you guys think this would provide enough bass for mostly rap/hip-hop music? I don't need earth shattering bass, but i want something that will hit hard and let people know it outside.

THanks

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
thsi really depends on how much you want to go..

You could get a new deck, replace your speakers, and put a 2- or 4- channel amplifier in to power the speakers and you should be set with a stereo.. depending on what you get it should sound good..

but in my case, i plan on putting 2 12s behind my seat..

it all depends on how far you want to go, and how much money you have to go there.

are you gonna be installing it yourself?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i looked at the rear speakers and it is ALOT different than my old 97 jeep grand cherokee. There dont seem to be ANY screws in the door panels, im afraid its a pick and pull system where you have to yank on the door panels to get it open.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
ya, i really don't know anything about the door panels or the interiors of new ram pickups.. i've never even been inside one! lol.. but theres plenty of people here that could help you out with the install.

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Your are going to have to add subs if you want people to hear the bass outside your truck. A new deck and new door speakers will help with clarity and might give you a little more volume, but you wont get much more bass out of them. And yes...the rear panels are pull and play except that you have to remove the seat belt bolt.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
You could do what I did and am doing (check my sig.) I think I'll be more than happy with it when it's done- hopefully the middle of July.
I purchased everything off ebay except the HU, and it came from Circuit City. My brother in law and I installed everything so I saved a TON of money there also. Altogether when it's done I'll have just under $1250 in it, which isn't bad when you concider how much I would have spent if I would have paid retail and had them install it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have a regular cab also. if you want to enjoy any music you really need a sub especially hip-hop. i run a jl wo 10 inch with 140 rms from my eclipse amp. i can hear it inside the truck, but people outside can't hear it much. you don't need 2 or 3 subs for it to hit hard 1 good 10 or 12 inch sub with at least 250 or more rms to get something decent. definately buy a new deck with 4 volt or better preouts. i took out my old pioneer deck with 2.2 volt preouts and replaced with an eclipse 5425 with 5 volt preouts the bass is cleaner and louder now. don't skimp and buy a cheap subbox mine sounds hollow like it's bottoming out. get new speakers too stock ones suck i like the eclipse stuff. :cool:

bubba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.