DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need at least 1 new tow mirror [non electric]. I have been looking at prices and the mental itch is telling me to go heated. Now I have yet to pull the door panel to find out if I have a harness[too cold right now 29*], will do it tomorrow afternoon.
If I have a harness how hard will it be to add the needed switches to get heat and power [potentially turn too] to function ?
If there is no harness what am I looking at to get at least the heat to function, and possibly the other features too ?

Wife grenaded the passenger tow mirror this morning. Nailed something so hard it slammed in with enough force that the shattered glass scratched up the window. I'm going to try to sell a lift and even larger tires on the premise that the mirror will then be tall enough to miss most nontree obstacles [might as well be devious at all given chances right?].

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
I thought all trucks had the wiring harnesses, just not the options,.. I may be wrong..

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With regards to the newer trucks, I also had the same belief. I was told that Chevy[the all american brand(sarcasm included 4 free)] doesn't have any potential upgrade option on their work truck line.
Now my 04 is a ST aka "you work or you're a cheap bastid" line. Considering how I impaled the local dealer on the price, and the choice was it, or travel for a stupor duty bedless. Even though I loved all the 79 fords I've owned, Dodge is a staph infection in my blood I can't kill off with any antibiotic.
So assuming the harness is there because dodge overbuilds everything[only slight sarcasm there], how is piggybacking switches into the system going to be?
Should I go to [painful cough] the dealer for the switches and wiring or bust out the mad science wiring kit and modify muahaahahaha ?
Where is the appropriate harnesses under the dash the correspond to the mirror function?

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slide the door panel out for a quick look[windy cold day didn't want to be outside too long].
It appears that the door does not have the wiring harness, and the door booted connector only has 4 wires attached. Funny thing is the mirror itself looks to be a power unit with a pin connecting harness. I looked at the drivers side[less wind with the truck as a buffer] and should probably tear out the passenger side mirror next to see if it is wired[motored and possibly heated].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.