DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this upgrade is feasible and before you guys tear me a new one I have read the other posts and I read the manual. Is it also feasible if I do not require the body temp sensor?

Was the reply accurate below or was it a blow off reply because the person posted 3 times?

From Mazz: Disconnect battery, drain coolant, evacuate a/c system, remove entire dash, remove HVAC housing unit, remove controller. Buy new HVAC housing unit and controller. May also need wiring harness. Install new HVAC unit and controller. Reassemble dash, fill coolant, recharge a/c system, reconnect battery. Oh, but first, you'll need to either max out one of your credit cards for the parts, or borrow money from family and friends. Don't know if the computer needs replacement for this swap, but it would be a good idea to confirm before hand.
This site does not have the manual as a post states:
*** [dot] 2ndgendurango [dot] com [slash] Stuff.htm

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have been looking into this, and I do not think it would be worth it. and yes there is some wiring that gets changed because vehicles with the auto climate control have a 2nd accessory wire in the ignition harness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply

thats too bad they didn't make it plug-n-play. i could live without the sensor but to have dual climate would be nice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.