DodgeTalk Forum banner
  • Enter for your chance to win a $50 Amazon Giftcard! HERE.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a dragon fire ignition system on my 5.9 magnum an my milliage is really bad for a 1500 talking 10.5in town and 17 highway.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cap plugs wires coil was going to drop new distributor in but.not sure I could keep it in correct timing so I short cutter it.

·
Red Trucker
3,052 Posts
That's why I asked, distributor timing/advance is PCM controlled in the Magnums. This is a shining example of how aftermarket ignition components aren't necessarily better lol.
Ok:
1. Stock style plugs or some fancy shit? Were they gapped correctly?
2. Premade wires or DIY (you cut them)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No,they are premaid 8mm duble insulated E3 Platinum yes gapped correct double checked.
So yah fancy shit!! 😆

·
Red Trucker
3,052 Posts
The E3's might be your problem. Hopefully you didn't throw away all the old stuff yet, because the next step is to put things back one at a time separately to find where the problem is.

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
243 Posts
The E3's might be your problem. Hopefully you didn't throw away all the old stuff yet, because the next step is to put things back one at a time separately to find where the problem is.
Agree with you on the plugs, I don’t know any dodge that likes platinum plugs.

·
Red Trucker
3,052 Posts
Agree with you on the plugs, I don’t know any dodge that likes platinum plugs.
The newer 4G hemis come with them, as did the bottom row of the 08+ 4.7 (so weird, bottom plugs platinum, top plugs copper).

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
243 Posts
That just makes them more expensive
$6 a pop from Rock auto. Hell when I went to do my first plug change, only the dealer had plugs. All the parts stores were trying to sell the plugs from the previous gen 4.7, they are 1/2” shorter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts