DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my factory alternator in my 06 ram qc hemi be able to power a 1000w alpine mrd-m1005 amp powering 2 alpine type R's @ 2ohms 500w each? My other option was going with 2 type s's (300rms each) and a alpine mrp-m650 amp. Also, what will be the sound differance between these two setups.
 

·
Kasey Kahne #9
Joined
·
6,013 Posts
IamKazam said:
Will my factory alternator in my 06 ram qc hemi be able to power a 1000w alpine mrd-m1005 amp powering 2 alpine type R's @ 2ohms 500w each? My other option was going with 2 type s's (300rms each) and a alpine mrp-m650 amp. Also, what will be the sound differance between these two setups.
you should be ok... 1000w is not that much... just change your battery to optima if you start seeing your lights flickering at night..
 

·
I am your Father
Joined
·
2,365 Posts
Be sure and use 1/0 gauge cable for power and for ground, and also for both battery cables. DO NOT USE the 4 gauge that most of the big box stores carry.
 

·
jokersHEMI
Joined
·
615 Posts
Yeah make sure you upgrade your "Big Three" wiring and your battery and you should be ok!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill Lawrence said:
Be sure and use 1/0 gauge cable for power and for ground, and also for both battery cables. DO NOT USE the 4 gauge that most of the big box stores carry.
Thanks for the input. Anybody know how the Type S's sound compared to the type R's??? The type S's look to be similar to the mtx 5500 thunder series which I wasn't to impressed with.
 

·
Hemi Power
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
lx1x said:
you should be ok... 1000w is not that much... just change your battery to optima if you start seeing your lights flickering at night..
Get a capacitor, before you change your battery...The capacitor greatly reduced my dimming on bass notes...My walmart battery works fine, with my Stinger 1F capacitor..
 

·
Kasey Kahne #9
Joined
·
6,013 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
Get a capacitor, before you change your battery...The capacitor greatly reduced my dimming on bass notes...My walmart battery works fine, with my Stinger 1F capacitor..
caps is a touchy subject... lol.. thats why i didnt mentioned.. hahahaha..

:rck: :rck:
 

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top