DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer installed audible alarm for transmission staying in reverse when trying to place transmission in park. This causes truck to travel backwards in gear very dangerous. I have sent notices to dodge. I think someone could get ran over. Are others experiencing this? What can be done? thanks bucksdollars

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
my boss has a 4wd cummins that did this.. while left running in park the truck backed itself all the way down his driveway and across the street into a neihbors tree.. we thought it was the drugs talkin so let it go.. 2 days after it came out of the bodyshop it poped into reverse again this time with his 8 year old daughter in the backseat while he checked the mail.. lucky him she was smart and as he chased the idleing truck backwards down the street she crawled in the front and stopped it ..The dealer installed an alarm that if it doesnt go into park it sounds.. seems to happen to very few trucks..

·
OH-----IO
260 Posts
wow, never heard of that, will start paying more attention in the future, that aounds like a safty deal and maybe a recall is needed. thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I know there was a tsb at one time for the 2500s I think. It seemed to be a somewhat common problem.

KB

·
Registered
53 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2500 Cummins and he just received a recall from Dodge on the same thing. The trucks were showing they were in park however they were in reverse, people would shut the truck off thinking it was in park and the next thing you know the truck was rolling back. When he went to the dealer they reprogramed the trans computer and also installed an alarm that sounds when the truck is shut off and still in gear. The alarm is louder then the normal key/headlight chime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unsafe transmission

The alarm relay that sounds your trucks horn is the safety feature the dealer installs. This does nothing to prevent your truck from going into reverse when moving the automatic into park position. tjis has happened to me now a few times and twice I was out of the vehicle. Means you chase your truck to stop it . Someone could get hurt or killed. Complain to Chrysler and dealer please notify everyone you can to do this.
buksdollars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.