DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 98 1500 Ram 4x4 71,000 and luv the truck. I had the trans. fluid and filter changed and am now thinking of changing the fluids in transfer case and diffs, but I'm kinda "old school" meaning that (if it works fine why mess with it?). I know what the maintenance schedule says, but something in me says to leave the rest of it alone. Help me out people I'm undecided.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Change them. :gr_patrio

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
This question is like asking what air pressure to run. You will get allot of diffrent answers I say change them

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
i would change them my truck has 33500 on it and had the rear end changed next is the tranny service

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
better off to change it especialy if you dont know how it was treated by the other owner

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ecspecially not knowing how the previous owner treated and maintained your truck, I would change them.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
i have never had the fluid replaced in my 2nd gen... im the 2nd owner... the first owner never did either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input everybody. I decided to leave it up to my local transmission shop. They checked front and rear diffs. for contamination and leakage and said they would not recomend changing fluid. they did change the fluid in the transfer case.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
def. change them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.