Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As I was trying to have even front wheel well gap by adjusting the fron torsion bar, I have found out that my rear wheel well gaps are not exactly identical!

My right wheel well gap is taller than the left wheel gap by almost three quarter of an inch much to my surprise.

I think because of this "twist", my durango is pulling to the left.

At any rate, does anybody know how I can adjust the REAR wheel well gaps so that they are balanced?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
is your vehicle leaning to the drivers side? Maybe you should post a picture of what you are seeing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hard to tell the difference in picture.

Yes, it is slightly leaning towards to driver side; howevever, the front wheel gaps are laveled, only on the rear of the vehicle.

Btw, I measured from the center of the rear wheel to the outside edge of rear wheel well.

Now I have this exaggerated image of my durango running with its right side of butt higher.... :WHT:

Please help!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Did you measure it immediately after lifting your torsion bars? If so then maybe the rear suspension just needs time to settle again after you put all the weight on the rear suspension when you jacked up your D to do the torsion bars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both left and right rear wheel well gaps were measured a week later after I adjusted the front torsion bars.

Is there any way I can adjust the rear right and left height just like the front torsion bars?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think that happened to me to some degree as well. could just be extra weight of fuel tank. I don't believe there is a rear adjustment. maybe someone without the torsion lift can check to see if there is a difference.
rich

·
Registered
90 Posts
For the record I have noticed the exact same issue with my D and I was told that this might be on purpose from Dodge although not sure why. Mine is exactly 1/2" off from one side to the next.

What really boggles my mind is that my D does not pull at all to either side. The other thing I have noticed is that sometimes they are EVEN! Yes somehow the rear end squares it self up which tells me something is amiss! The third thing I have noticed here is that sometimes that ubalance is less/greater depending on which way the wheels are turned when parked! Just freaking weird!

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I just noticed the same on mine, measures 1" in difference. Glad that more of us have the same issue. One thought I have is additional weight of driver which causes more sag on the springs over time.
Fozzy Boy, did you lower your front torsion bars as well or just Eibach's in the rear? I got 22's on mine as well and like to know if there are any rubbing issues? How balanced does front to back look without a torsion drop?

Sorry for jumping of topic....

·
Registered
90 Posts
sca said:
I just noticed the same on mine, measures 1" in difference. Glad that more of us have the same issue. One thought I have is additional weight of driver which causes more sag on the springs over time.
Fozzy Boy, did you lower your front torsion bars as well or just Eibach's in the rear? I got 22's on mine as well and like to know if there are any rubbing issues? How balanced does front to back look without a torsion drop?

Sorry for jumping of topic....
I did do the drop via the torsion bars as well, with the torsion bars cranked all the way down it makes the D level. Although looking at it it almost looks like the rear is slightly lower, I think it is more of a perception thing because measured the rear is level with the front.

Without the torsion drop I would imagine it looks like your climing a hill sitting still.

On your other question regarding rubbing..I have 22" wheels and I have not had any rubbing issues at all.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I have addressed this many times before, but how does the wheel diameter impact rubbing?

Whenever rubbing is a concern, tires are the culprit, not wheels. The diameter that is important is the outside tire diameter (width is also a major factor).

·
Registered
90 Posts
canyonD said:
I have addressed this many times before, but how does the wheel diameter impact rubbing?

Whenever rubbing is a concern, tires are the culprit, not wheels. The diameter that is important is the outside tire diameter (width is also a major factor).
Good point then let me clarify a little...MY TIRES don't have any rubbing issues. As far as diameter of my tire well 265/40/22 is the tire size that I currently have mounted on the 22 inch rims.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I thought your tires look a little smaller, I got 305's on mine, they stand about 1" over the fenders. If I get to low I will touch the fenders.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
more likely you will have rub on the wheelwells or frame than the fenders.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Probably because of the gas tank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.