DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had someone in your truck and they don't notice the "little" mods you have done? My girlfriend rode in my truck for a full month before she notice my Hemi billet aluminum door panel insterts!!

They're just a small mod but it's still something that sets it apart from every other Ram on the road.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
LOL! Has she found the "lipstick holder" yet?? (aka, the ask tray) Good think I don't have to use mine.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
What I like is when people notice the lil mods right off the bat. Like when I had my '02 and my buddy from work was checking it out. Soon as I opened the door he was diggin the billet specialties door lock pins I had added a few weeks earlier. But my wife notices my mods....cuz she usually pre approves them. :(

KB

·
danimalhemi24
841 Posts
I swear that my wife is blind. She didn't notice my floor mats with the aluminum ram head or the stainless door sill covers that say dodge. To me they jump out at ya, but she is clueless sometimes. Oh well, gotta love her ;)

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Same thing happen to me. My wife didn't even notice my lighter delete plug.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a friend who was the king of subtle mods. He had the cleanest eclipse I've ever seen. Didn't have the big gawdy body kits you see on a lot of ricers. Nothing tacky, just really nice stuff.

I was helping him clean up his car one day before a show and was cleaning the rear end. I was looking at the license plate when I noticed something a little different about it.

He had taken some of the carbon fiber look vinyl and covered the black letters on the his tag. He didn't tell me about it and I had never noticed it even though I had seen his car almost every day for a year. He would never tell anyone when he did something small like that, you just had to look hard to notice. I think it was his attention to detail that made his car so slick.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that some people that haven't been in a 3G Ram they think some of the mods came like that from the factory.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
when I switched from my 39.5x13.50r20's to put my 38x15.50r18's on, I got home and my mom asked me where the new wheels were

I had all my grey trim painted and debadged my truck, my girlfriend was with me to pick it up, and she asked why they had to keep my truck for 2 days and didn't change anything

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My wife notices every little thing I do to the truck! And of course asks where I got the $$ because she has the checkbook! LOL

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
NUTTSQUAD03 said:
My wife notices every little thing I do to the truck! And of course asks where I got the $$ because she has the checkbook! LOL
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

ROFL!!! and these guys complain they dont notice.... They couldnt BE so lucky!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I don't let my wife in my truck so she doesn't know how much I spent :D

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
Do you think that anyone could miss these scoops? My wife did after we were driving for about 1/2 an hour and I had to say something.

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
My Grandma who is almost 90 and has riden in my Ram only about half a dozen times, got in the other day and immediately noticed my new silver bezel. She said "oh that's nice, it looks better than the one you had before". Made my day! :D

I have a lot of little things on my truck that I suppose you could call "mods" but are really just functional improvements I have made to the vehicle. I consider real "mods" to be major performance- or appearance-enhancing accessories. And I don't have many mods of that sort on my truck, yet.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
My wife has a hand in every mod I do. Not because she runs the finance, but because she runs me. She was more upset about the long wait for the black headlights than I was. And when a family friend is in the driveway it's the lovely wife that explains each mod and deal we got. She eats it up. She has no time for the TA, but loves the truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.