DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Ultimate detailer orbital polisher kit from autopia it contains the OP plus cutting compounds and polishing wax,(Caranauba), and of course micro-fiber towels. Anyone ever use one?(orbital polisher either the porter cable or Ultimate)? Did you like them? Any tips ? :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
I use my Meguiars G100 (same as the porter cable) and love it. I do detailing on the side, and probably have about 500 hours on it since I bought it last year, and it hasn't skipped a beat

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 04 Laramie, I figured, I'll practice on my Dodge Trucks before I go hog wild on my Dodge Challenger R/T. I have a bottle of Sonus professional cutting compounds like the X-1 and X-2 and finishing liquids. I also bought a bottle of the PS-2 wax,(100% Caranauba), the bonnets for attaching the foam pads and some micro-fiber towels. Trks are Black and Blue and my R/T is Red! :D

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
cutting compounds ?

sounds fierce L O L

seriously, are cutting compounds used to buff out seriously rough spots ? I've never used anything but "cleaners", "polishers", "wax" and show glaze

is that something like rubbing compound ?

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's the same thing, it cut's or removes through ultra fine abrasives the damage. But you must know to keep the pressure light and to continually keep the buffer moving. The X-1 Sonus is for heavily damaged areas like deep clearcoat scrates and swirls, the X-2 is for very fine swirls, the final fishing is just a polish, then after the area is 'repaired' then pure wax or whatever you want to use to final polish. The Ultimate is similar to the Porter Cable but has a tad more power and the machine head "spins" or rotates in a dual orbiting motion. It was specifically engineered for show car detailing. www.autopia-carcare.com Dave they are both good units they have a 219.00 special right now with the Orbital polisher,(Ultimate), plus the Sonus chemicals and microfiber towels and bonnets. good price and a lot of useful info on there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.