Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

With all the hard driving all through the years i think my tranny is about to roll over (currently at 151k miles). Let me explain what happenned today. On way to work, merging onto freeway accelerating aggressively I get to 5th gear and start cruisin...just by blippin the pedal I can feel the truck change gears easily (tooo easily)...so I get off the freeway cuz now I'm scared and I'm turnin around to go home, when I get to stoplight my truck idle starts to jump around like it's gonna stall.... sure enough, it stalls at one of the lights, after a few tries, truck starts and i start driving, now, the shifts are hard now even with soft driving. I pulled into my driveway and it stalled again. I restart, put it in neutral and check tranny level which is where it should be. Remembering what happenned a long time ago when I first got diablo I decided to set it to stock, drove it around and the shifts seem normal (only drove it about an 1/8th mile). Then decided to reinstall custom tune (needed to for idling), the shifts seem normal up to 3rd (normal driving), but when the next gear comes it actually downshifts first (I assume 2nd prime), then to the overdrives... it doesn't happen every time but maybe once in every 2-3 times I speed up to cruising speed.

Guys, let me know what you think and my options I have... uh, I don't need this happenning now!!:mad:

thanks an sorry for the long description..wanted to make sure you knew all the details..

fred

·
12.40 @ 105.92
3,810 Posts
151K?? wowzers, tranny has gotten you its money's worth for sure.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
welcome to the club! you should be proud of that sucker for going 151k.. hit up some salvage yards and get you a take-out. good luck Fred

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
..thanks...I do feel i got alot out of her considering my driving habits and watchin others toast theirs... lookin at local yards now...

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Well with the DSP mine shifts 1st 2nd 2nd_prime 3rd EVERY time at anything less than WOT.
And the DSP makes my TC slip like no tomorrow even at high rpm so some of what you describe sounds like nature of the beast. :(

Wonder if the TC is getting worn out? That might cause lots of stall issues.
Anyway that trans has served you well, maybe it's time to put it out to pasture as a record holder before someone sneaks up and beats your times :)
Sucks though I was hoping yours would last 200K

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I would think your tranny fluid would be a little discolored.
Put some on a paper towel,if around the edges has some black film,then you know your fluid needs changing at the very least.
Rd345 has a low mileage tranny in the classified for cheap,if its not gone yet.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
yup its toasted. be glad it survived that long fred!

·
Banned
312 Posts
Sucks to hear, but soon you wll be getting those speed faults in the TCM due to clutch slip, once you get those, you know for sure its toasted.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
151k! WOW!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like the same symptoms I had before I had to get a new tranny. Im on my third tranny last one is a brand new one from the dealership.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
drove around with Eddie tonight...he says the fluid does smell burnt... and it did shift funny at highway speeds.... we have a local salvage yard with an 05 tranny (50k miles)...will be pickin it up tomorrow...

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Fred remember to send the TC back to Edge to have it cut open and cleaned out. Other wise you might be doing this again real soon...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm getting a back-up tranny ready myself Fred, I hae 30,000 kilometers on my truck.
22,000 miles i think.

·
Finally FRI'd!!!!!!!!!!!
1,241 Posts
not sure why my last post never posted but hold off on the tranny thing. mine does the same thing but but didn't do it till i got my 2nd cmr diablo tune. to me i think it may be something with the tune. if you can fred call me so you can describe your problem and i'll describe mine maybe the 2 of us can figure it out so we'll both know what the hell it is.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
not sure why my last post never posted but hold off on the tranny thing. mine does the same thing but but didn't do it till i got my 2nd cmr diablo tune. to me i think it may be something with the tune. if you can fred call me so you can describe your problem and i'll describe mine maybe the 2 of us can figure it out so we'll both know what the hell it is.
Mine was doing that on all diablo tunes.
Fixed at the moment though :)

compare your old logs vs new logs, rpm vs MPH at WOT mine was slipping the TC a lot more, so much it was dang near running out of gear in the 1/4 when I was trying to run the DSP.

·
Finally FRI'd!!!!!!!!!!!
1,241 Posts
what are the odds of you coming over tommorrow and hooking up the psc1 and letting me borrow your sc for a little bit to test the theory.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
what are the odds of you coming over tommorrow and hooking up the psc1 and letting me borrow your sc for a little bit to test the theory.
Next ...oh well covered that by phone.
Maybe sometime next week.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mine is a tranny thing...I threw P07xx codes for both 4th and 5th gears, these codes came on the stock tunes, I can't drive my truck unless I keep the tow/haul button on and lock out the overdrives. With overhaul off the gears easily start jumping between each other and will throw codes...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.