DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has come to my attention today, and I'm sad to report, that fellow member, friend and long time DT contributor Ugg passed away on 11/28/08 after a battle with cancer.

He leaves behind his wife, son and daughter.

Rest in peace Ugg, you will be missed.

Ron

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
--silence--

Thank You Ugg for all you have done for this site. Your wisdom will be missed. To his family, know that he is always there watching over you.

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
That is too bad. Ugg was a great guy. I didn't even know he was battling cancer. Ugg, you will definitely be missed, may you rest in piece.

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
GODSPEED TO YOU UGG
God Bless his family.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I just lost a friend

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rip Ugg, you will be truly missed

·
^BIG D^
2,283 Posts
Im still really depressed about this. I have been thinking about it all day believe it or not. I know he is just a person on a forum, but to me was much more. Ugg and I used to have conversations via PM bitching about things or people on the forum or just talking about our D's. I never got to know him on a personal level though. I just feel really bad about hearing that he is gone. From what I knew of him he was a really great guy with a lot of knowledge. Life is just too short...

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
He took the time to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and then a day later the cancer gets him. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228965
I didn't reply because I thought the post was kind of corny being we were never really personal (I still don''t know his 1st name), although we conversed a lot. We did pm a few times and I just now remembered he said to be hush hush about his health, although I don't know who I would tell? Rockadous is the only one who comes to mind but then I don't know his name either.

·
Banned
270 Posts
It has come to my attention today, and I'm sad to report, that fellow member, friend and long time DT contributor Ugg passed away on 11/28/08 after a battle with cancer.

He leaves behind his wife, son and daughter.

Rest in peace Ugg, you will be missed.

Ron
Thank you Ron for the update....I wish it could have been better news though. I was kind of wondering what happened to him since he hasn't posted for awhile. I know he used to complain about the transmission in his D, and all the problems he was having with the dealership, but I didn't know he had cancer. It makes the problems that we may have with our vehicles seem trivial in life. Ugg, may you rest in peace, your contribution to this forum will be missed.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I feel the same way today...keep thinking of it. I've known Ugg since before DT opened...talked a couple times on the phone. We tried to meet a couple times when I was out to the windy city on -b-ness, but never could. He was a good contributor to the site, and once you got to know his sense of humor, he was a card ;)

Apparently, he suffered from a couple brain tumors and also a mass on his lung. He went thru chemo, and the docs even gave him a clean bill of health. Terrible what happened, but he's in a better place now, a new Uggville of sorts....I'm happy to have known him :gr_patrio

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Very sorry to hear this news. I had not been on in a couple of days to see the message.

Might be nice if someone could find out information on where to send some flowers, or at least be able to post a reflection from the DT as a whole as well as individually on the funeral home web page.

I would think the family would appreciate the support, and being made aware of the friends Ugg had here.

Godspeed Ugg, and keep the light on for the rest of us when we follow in your foot steps someday.

Don

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Thoughts and prayers with his family. Sad to see such a great person and contibutor to DT leave us before they should.

·
Banned
270 Posts
He took the time to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and then a day later the cancer gets him. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228965
I didn't reply because I thought the post was kind of corny being we were never really personal (I still don''t know his 1st name), although we conversed a lot. We did pm a few times and I just now remembered he said to be hush hush about his health, although I don't know who I would tell? Rockadous is the only one who comes to mind but then I don't know his name either.
When I read his last post, it's kind of sad because it almost sounds like he knew he didn't have much time left.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh man!! I knew Ugg back on the Durango Owners Club board (DOC) before this board came to be. I never knew he was sick. He gave me some good advice when I had my first D!! Godspeed Ugg and rest in peace.

·
FSTDANGO 3
512 Posts
As his signature states he was the original DOC Black Sheep long before my time there as an officer.
He and I got along fine.
A great D owner surely to be missed!

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
man I can't believe that. That's truly sad. Rest in peace brother

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I just pulled his last PM to me dated 26 Nov 2008

Yo Rock:

Just a quick note. Everything good here in Uggville, but as the guy said fallin off the skyscrapper, "SO FAR, SO GOOD". HA! I just got back home after some gruling HOT radation treatment.

I was SUPPOSED (notice that tricky little word supposed?) to spend a grand total of 8 business days up in the great state of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, at what they called the "Domicile Facility". I would get to come home over the one weekend.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! They kept me there a FULL 5 weeks, 24/7. In ALL that time I was only able to come home on a pass, YES, THAT IS PASS, as in being back in, twice. Durning that time some major shit went down here in Uggville, and my poor little fraile wife had to deal with it on her own, scared to death of me finding out as I already had to much on my plate. WHAT A GOOD ****ING WOMAN I HAVE BRO!

Anywho bro, I'm home now & all is GREAT! You & Yours Have a GREAT BIRD DAY, I will!

Later
Ugg

Rest in peace brotha

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I knew about the cancer and chemo, but he didn't want it advertised. It's amazing how close you can get to someone over the internet board forums. I'm still in shock over this. I feel real bad.

bleu my real name is Tom, but you can call me rock :tup: all my friends do.
Ugg if your reading this, Thanks brotha. You really made this board what it is. I'm gonna miss you. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.