Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 things real quick 2005 ram

if an aftermarket deck is installed will uconnect still work?? If not is there anything that will make it work?

Also how in the hell do you get the Dash ring (bezel)so I can take the radio out and see how uconnect is connected? :help: :help:

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
To take the bezel off there is only one screw on the right once that is removed it should come with a firm tug the vents will come off with the bezel. Now what is uconnect?

That is how my 03 comes apart.

·
Registered
984 Posts
UConnect is like GM's OnStar, like dialing 911 when airbags deploy, etc. UConnect also utilizes BlueTooth technology to wirelessy connect to your compatible mobile phone to use the car's stereo and microphone for dialing and operating your cell phone hands-free. A plus over OnStar because you use your cell for calls, not an expensive OnStar phone account.

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
tyler711 said:
UConnect is like GM's OnStar, like dialing 911 when airbags deploy, etc. UConnect also utilizes BlueTooth technology to wirelessy connect to your compatible mobile phone to use the car's stereo and microphone for dialing and operating your cell phone hands-free. A plus over OnStar because you use your cell for calls, not an expensive OnStar phone account.
OH YA...... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT IS HOOKED UP TELL ME .

·
Registered
984 Posts
At this site http://www.leeparts.com/dodgeram.html they sell a uConnect kit, about 3/4 the way down the page. They say "Installation Instructions available upon request".

Maybe email them, tell them you are looking at purchasing and want to see if the installation is within your abilities. I would think that they would hook you up with some diagrams.

tyler

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
tyler711 said:
At this site http://www.leeparts.com/dodgeram.html they sell a uConnect kit, about 3/4 the way down the page. They say "Installation Instructions available upon request".

Maybe email them, tell them you are looking at purchasing and want to see if the installation is within your abilities. I would think that they would hook you up with some diagrams.

tyler
I WILL CHECK IT OUT IT NEVER HURTS TO KNOW MORE THAN THE NEXT GUY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.