DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone Found A Way To Cause An Aftermarket Head Unit To Mute When Uconnect Goes Into Motion?

·
Grey RT with Navi.
230 Posts
If the head unit has cell mute, then it should be easy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually It's Not That Simple. The Way My Installation Is Being Handled Is By Keeping The Factory Head Unit Integrated Into The System - Buried Under The Dash And Keeping The Dash Speakers Linked To It - I'm Maintaining Complete Functionality Of The Uconnect System. The Steering Wheel Controls Also Will Remain Functional With The Volume Control Dedicated To The Uconnect. Unfortunately There Does Not Appear To Be A Single Input/plug Or Other (that Functions As The Mute Lead In All Modern After Market Units ) Going Into The Factory Head Unit. So My Installer Seems To Think If He Can At Least Find The Signal That Is Activated When An Incoming Or Out Going Call Is Initiated Then He Will Be Able To Send The Relay To The Kenwood Unit That Will Be My Main Music Machine. I Guess What I'm Looking For Is The Shortcut - Exactly What Wire It Is That I Need To Identify.... Any Help In That Area Will Be Appreciated Of Course.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.