DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a Dodge sirius system to my 05 ram and it plugged in the same place the Uconnect plug was on the RB4. Now I cant use the Uconnect. Is there a splitter available to be able to use both?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try plugging the sirius into the c3 connecter on the hands free module(uconnect)

·
Brad
1,764 Posts
i have the uconnect and an aftermarket pioneer avic-n2 system and the uconnect doesnt work. i havnt taken it in yet to where i got my system installed but i hope they can figure it out to make it work

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wish I could help, but like me also, I'm wanting to add the UConnect to connect to my RB1, but I've seen that you can't see any of the info through the Nav....I'm sure someone has some answers

:pimp:
Billy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sirius, RB4, Uconnect, compatibility question

Did you ever figure it out? I have the same issue after installing the factory Sirius receiver (had to unplug my uconnect).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer phoned me back and there is a way to accomplish using the RB4, Sirius, and Uconnect. You need to order a splitter/multiplexer and a Y cable according to Dodge tech support - it's not documented.
The dealer has them in stock (for other applications), so if you are interested I'll send you the part numbrs after I install them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
want to install uconnect an sirius

I have 05 ram with rb4 will this hookup show calls an numbers through the radio like the factory system . my dealer is a dumd ass . do you have factory uconnect system

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a factory installed RB4, and factory installed U-Connect. I installed the factory spec Sirius afterwards and needed the Sirius receiver, the Ram installation kit, as well as the two additional parts:
12210969 Multiplexer/Splitter
12230081 Y-cable
It was the two additional parts that allow the Sirius and U-Connect to work together off the same radio.
It all works perfectly now!

·
Registered
251 Posts
With the RB4 and the factory Sirius you do not get the display info from Sirius to show up on the RB4? I have hears lots of conflicting reports. Some say that if you use the multiplexer it will display?
Also what parts are included with the Uconnect? I am wondering what it would take to add it. Does the Uconnect display call info an the RB4?
Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
For Bradleykavin, theres no way to connect the factory Uconnect to the AVICN-2. You will have to go about it with one of pioneers hands free kits. Uconnect only works with factory equiped radios and not aftermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
- RB4 does not display Sirius song info on screen, even with multiplexer.
- RB4 does display calling and called number information with factory U-connect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.