DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone here used these places. Pretty good I think for $15/hr. I know Craig has 'tested' the place and liked it alot.

I am thinking that this Saturday instead of doing my struts at home, I might just use this place with a lift and a strut compressor..

http://www.ufixitcenter.com

Is there places like this outside of Arizona!? Seems like a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Wow, that's pretty awesome - never heard of it around the Dallas area.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't as well until Craig ran across it one day. It is pretty neat. If you are doing something like a body lift or a lift... I'm going there for sure. I called the guy and he is like, if you are here past close, I'm right next door.. take your time. He has even had people work on their car till 4am..

·
The Day I Got Her
224 Posts
nothing in Illinois

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
that looks like a cool concept and those prices are not bad at all compared to owning a welder of lift you may not use but a few times a year!

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Hmmm,should open one of them around here..$$$$

great idea

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Thats pretty cool and a great idea for a small business opportunity, none that I know about around here.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
they just opened one in Milwaukee, prices are more, i think it is 35/hr for a hoist and tools

·
Registered
797 Posts
wow what a great idea. How handy for some bigger jobs. Do they have a full set of tools to use?

Almost all military bases have a "hobby shop" like this to maintain your cars, it only costs a few bucks to use the lift and all the tools they have but this is great for you Civi's.

Awesome opportunity

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
that's the coolest shit i ever seen

·
Registered
797 Posts
I just went through the site and im even more impressed. This is a great idea. You can start one of these with pretty much no money. Steal buildings are cheap, multi lift discount, snap on tool contract, 2 or 3 employes. Im guessing 50k to open the doors.

A building that can hold 10 cars, 5 lifts would probably make you decent money.
$15 per hour for lifts
3hour average per job/car $45
3 cars per lift per day $135
5 lifts $675 per day just from lifts.

same stats for non lift bays nets $450 a day @ $10

$1100 a day, probably generous but on weekends its probably possible.

Im going to look into it.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's a great idea. I wish I would have thought of it. They have all the tools you can think of. Even the speicality ones. And they are not the cheap tools..

Full set of air tools, lift, lift tools and they are even trying to get an alignment machine.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
That is a nifty idea. Could have a U-Paint-It right next door lol.
He is moving down the street to a bigger building in the next 6 months and he plans on having a total of 6 lifts and 2 paint booths. It's a great little place to do some work. i'm in an apartment right now and working in the parking lot is just a pain at times. He has most every tool you could ever need plus some more. If you call him ahead of time and tell him what you are doing, he'll have the Snap-On guy drop off any tool ya need.

·
what's my bore?
3,933 Posts
looks good and sounds good, i'd go there if i had to. but to do it as a business, no way. i don't want to step on anyone's feelings but a hoist at 3500 x 5= 17,500 plus labor to install. 400 each=2k, tools for 5 stalls 2k each. =10k. air compressor 3k. 3 employees at 12.oo per hr. =300 per day. plus taxes, liability ins, lights, workman's comp, the lease on the building, maintenance. i think 1100.00 per day for income would be pushing it. you need to have those stall full all the time, all day, and you know that's not going to happen. in the mean time you have 3 guys standing around sucking up 300.00 a day. plus workman's comp. what about your pay? and then you have to pay someone to stay there at night if people want to come in, or like this guy live next door, and be married to the business.

maybe for some, not for me.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
That's awesome. I might just have to put my business degree plus my automotive retail knowledge to good use.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He is moving down the street to a bigger building in the next 6 months and he plans on having a total of 6 lifts and 2 paint booths. It's a great little place to do some work. i'm in an apartment right now and working in the parking lot is just a pain at times. He has most every tool you could ever need plus some more. If you call him ahead of time and tell him what you are doing, he'll have the Snap-On guy drop off any tool ya need.

Trust me, I want to be the first to use his booth. I can paint in a garage, I wanna see what I can do in a booth :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
While it's a really cool idea, the first thing I thought of was I wouldn't want to pay those liability insurance premiums!!!!! the first idiot that uses the lift or welder wrong. gets injured, and sues, you're screwed. Not to mention how often the tools will end up going missing, or broken through misuse.

I'd go there and work on my truck, but I'd never want to own one.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
While it's a really cool idea, the first thing I thought of was I wouldn't want to pay those liability insurance premiums!!!!! the first idiot that uses the lift or welder wrong. gets injured, and sues, you're screwed. Not to mention how often the tools will end up going missing, or broken through misuse.

I'd go there and work on my truck, but I'd never want to own one.
You actually sign a waiver saying that if you mess up, its your fault. You do get to inspect any equipment you want beforehand and they set it up on the lift for you. My biggest concern was getting almost 8k up in the air but the owner took his time in making sure everything was right... and that wasn't part of the time that he charged me for.

The guy isn't there to rape you in price and get a fatter wallet, he's a wrencher and has a passion for it.

FYI - AZ Guys, after the next wheeling trip, the guy wants to have us all down there and he said he could use all of his pressure washers and whatnot, clean the trucks up, grill out and have some cerveza's. Let's put it like this, its MUCH cheaper than doing it at the coin wash and the best part... ya don't have to clean up the driveway after :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.