Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2006 PW Q/C #0026
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased an 06 Power Wagon and I am looking into how easy it would be to add the u-connect option. I am going to swap out for the nav anyways and curious if the connector was just in the headliner or if a whole loom would have to be run. Any help would be great thanks.

Ryan

·
Registered
684 Posts
Very east install if your adding installing the addon one. It will pigtail off the radio.

·
2006 PW Q/C #0026
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some research yesterday and am not too fond of the aftermarket u-connect. I am thinking of going the mirror route. It all depends if it can be done or not. I am guessing I would need the mirror, the hands free module, and the other wiring harnesses?

I was also wondering if I bought the add on set could I buy the uconnect mirror and do it that way?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Do a search on the mobile electronics forum. Some guys have tried to install the mirror U-Connect. If I remember correctly one guy gave up the install and sold it. The cost is nearly double for the mirror one too. Good luck!

·
2006 PW Q/C #0026
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

well after searching all day yesterday I actually came across a site that has a dedicated group of guys that have done this very swap. They have even created their own custom harness that is professionally made, for those people who do not have the factory one. I cant link to the other forum but I do believe it was lx forums. Oh yeah they sell a kit to that includes most pieces you need I believe for around 300 bucks which is definetly worth it over the aftermarket kit.

THanks guys,

Ryan

·
Registered
285 Posts
www.*************

A guy there made the wiring harness you need. The thing is, some LX cars need the harness and some don't. I bought the new harness, but didn't need it. I sold that harness to someone in Canada.

On my Magnum, I just bought the mirror, mirror harness and the telematics module and it all plugged in and worked. I don't know if that will work on 2006 Rams. I would like to add it to my 2006 Mega Cab.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm trying to do same for my new '06 Durango Limited. I have the OEM nav, but no Uconnect which I'm drooling over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.