DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hooked up my 10" subs and replaced all 4 of my door speakers with infinity's. I am wanting to add some tweeters but I have no idea what kind I want. Anyone got any suggestions??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Do you need tweeters? The speakers you got did not come with any?

Here are some incredible deals, but you'll need to get familiar with making a least a 6 or 12db oxover for them...
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=275-030
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=279-234

or if you want something to match...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iqHPsl...earch=infinity+-harman&SearchDisplay=Infinity
You can often find these on ebay much cheaper & they come with xOvers.

The oXver are imortant to protect them from blowing...

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Infinity's came with tweeters (the 6x9's in the front) but I wanted to put some tweeters in the A-pillars since the ones in the doors are down by my legs. I figured I would get some better sound if they were up higher.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
My Infinity's came with tweeters (the 6x9's in the front) but I wanted to put some tweeters in the A-pillars since the ones in the doors are down by my legs. I figured I would get some better sound if they were up higher.
I put mine in the vents on the dash. They fit perfect there!!!

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
I put mine in the vents on the dash. They fit perfect there!!!
Don't they get a little hot when you have the heat on???

I like your alarm LED strip. I was thinking about getting one. Right now I have a Super bright LED but it just blinks (it lights up the whole cab though) Where did you get yours and are they pretty bright???

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Don't they get a little hot when you have the heat on???

I like your alarm LED strip. I was thinking about getting one. Right now I have a Super bright LED but it just blinks (it lights up the whole cab though) Where did you get yours and are they pretty bright???
I bought mine from CarToys for $29.99 I think. I hooked it up to the ignition off so its on only when the engine is off. They aren't super bright, but you can definitely see them when walking up to the truck. You can't miss 'em!

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how did you hook it up to the ignition off?

·
Registered
557 Posts
lucky8926 said:
It will raise your sound stage if you feel that your sound is coming from the below... I think this may not be the case if you have rear speakers since those are really close to you... probably closer than the 6x9 if you have a 3rd Gen Ram.

Your call... give your setup a good listen with some of your fav tunes... another set of tweeters will only improve where the sound if coming from, but not the ref material...

Good luck... if you decide to go for the tweeters in parts express I can help you with the xOvers... they are very cheap to make...

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My front and rear speakers have the directional tweeters and the front ones are facing up toward me but I turned the back ones so they face the backseat passengers.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
lucky8926 said:
how did you hook it up to the ignition off?
If I would do it again, I don't think I would do the ignition off....it was a pain to get. Instead, I would hook them to the negative output of the alarm system, so they come on with the alarm. That would be a hell of a lot easier. I may redo mine, just so Dodge doesn't complain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.