DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey... i saw this nifty thinggummy while searching for a new exhaust system for my beloved 97 1500 V8... looks like it would be a nice little attachment for around town and hiway use... what do you think?

heres a link.http://www.turbonator.com/index.html

seeing as how the Beast tends to lag a touch from off-the-line starts and loses some power after the power band, this may be a cheap cure for the problem, but, if i drive like a sane person (if thats possible here in Wyoming), it should add some MPG to meh truck, so i dont spend 50-60 bucks every 2 weeks... and you know what they say... you get what you pay for.

constructive critisizm please... if all looks good, ill look into one after i get my brakes done.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats just like the Tornado. I havent personally used one, but most people say it doesnt do a damn thing. Seems like a gimmick to me. There's a thread somewhere on here about it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Here are the last two sentences of their disclaimer from that site.

NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY PARTICULAR VEHICLE AND DRIVER WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE GAINS IN HORSEPOWER OR FUEL EFFICIENCY SIMILAR TO THOSE REPORTED BY PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS. IN FACT, SUBSEQUENT USERS MAY EXPERIENCE SHARP DIFFERENCES IN THE PERFORMANCE THEY ACHIEVE AS COMPARED TO THOSE RESULTS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED.

Here is the link
http://www.turbonator.com/Disclaimer.html

·
Registered
607 Posts
After looking at the fairly complex plumbing on my turbocharged Saab, one guy said "Ah, I see how it works, the air gets so dizzy with all that back and forth and spinning around that it can't put up as much resistance to being pushed into the cylinder..." ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if thats the case, then no... no 'turbonator' for the Beast... any ideas on something similar that isnt in the $1k range?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sounds kinda like the whole throttle body spacer thing to me.

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
get this it will give you that inital go but useless once your moving

·
Registered
231 Posts
You could probaby find a cheap supercharger or a really nice air intake for $1k. I know Volant makes a true ram-air for dodges, its pretty cool. And that would give a you gains in hp and torque most likely.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks all who responded, and turned me in the right direction... nice post QC Ram. lol.

Blue_Ram01 and Loude_Dodge, ill look into both the electric stupidcharger(whoops, work comes home withme sometimes, sry Oo;;) and the Volant RAM Air thingummy. ill ask around and do some googling, and have a poll on wich i should go with (ill aim for both).

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
you guys are retarded if you can honestly recomend an electric supercharger to this guy. Its basically an electric fan and since no air is being compressed no boost is produced and inorder to get mabey 1-3lbs of boost you would need 2 leaf blowers hooked up to your intake.

and junie not to hate man but i think you got your truck confused with a civic. Slamming it is one thing but adding neons, body kits, lambo doors, LED's, etc will get you outright laughed at. Im not knockin ya just warning you that most people in the custom truck scene think that stuff is lame. So instead of spending cash on that save up your money, get a better job then mcdonalds and get a powerdyne blower.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
To each his own, who cares what others think. Just cause its different doesnt mean it's wrong or ugly. If Junkie wants to add that stuff, let him. He shouldnt be bashed for it. Its his truck, his money, his likes...You say "not to hate", but then saying hes confused his truck with a civic, tell him he'll get laughed at and that his mods are lame. Just cause it aint your style or what you would do with your truck, doesnt make it lame or wrong. And who are you to say his mods make his truck look more like a car when you have slammed(bagged) yours, prolly plan on shaving everything and gotten a rollpan? There goes alot of characteristics of a truck.

I'm just tired of some people on here that instead of saying constructive things have to say negative things, usually due to someones ride being different than theres and they dont like it and decide to say bad things about it. I guess just to feed their egos. He wanted to know something about an engine component, no need to go way off subject and say those negative things about Junkie's ride. If it was me he was asking about his ride I wouldn't bash it and point out things I didn't like, I'd just offer constructive advise and tell him things that might better his ride. I wouldn't tell him what not to do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is black beauty the name of your truck because if it is then mine has a twin sister.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
JonRoc said:
To each his own, who cares what others think. Just cause its different doesnt mean it's wrong or ugly. If Junkie wants to add that stuff, let him. He shouldnt be bashed for it. Its his truck, his money, his likes...You say "not to hate", but then saying hes confused his truck with a civic, tell him he'll get laughed at and that his mods are lame. Just cause it aint your style or what you would do with your truck, doesnt make it lame or wrong. And who are you to say his mods make his truck look more like a car when you have slammed(bagged) yours, prolly plan on shaving everything and gotten a rollpan? There goes alot of characteristics of a truck.

I'm just tired of some people on here that instead of saying constructive things have to say negative things, usually due to someones ride being different than theres and they dont like it and decide to say bad things about it. I guess just to feed their egos. He wanted to know something about an engine component, no need to go way off subject and say those negative things about Junkie's ride. If it was me he was asking about his ride I wouldn't bash it and point out things I didn't like, I'd just offer constructive advise and tell him things that might better his ride. I wouldn't tell him what not to do.
i was offering constructive criticizm. that same shit gets laughed at on cars so why bother with a truck. i know if i happend to be browsing the internet and i saw my shit on a website like www.laughatrice.com i would be pissed because what i though was the hot sh!t was really a joke. I have no ego i just call it like it is. Friends dont let friends rice out their trucks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just y'all wait.. after im done messing with the Beast, itll smoke a Civic... they shall laff untill they drag against me... and they see a deep-red smudge on the horizen making a u-turn to return to the starting line...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Big Joe SS/T said:
i should hope you can beat a civic stock.
i hope so too Oo;... also, i would slam the Beast, but its kinda hard... being a 4x4 and all... unless, of course, i want to spend a few thousand dollars getting custom-made front-end stuff... in which i dont...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Big Joe SS/T said:
you guys are retarded if you can honestly recomend an electric supercharger to this guy. Its basically an electric fan and since no air is being compressed no boost is produced and inorder to get mabey 1-3lbs of boost you would need 2 leaf blowers hooked up to your intake.
QUOTE]

actually i saw this really cool video on ls1tech.com, and it showed a shop with a dyno. and they would dyno a car, and get a baseline, and then they would dyno putting a leaf blower in the intake, and the gains were actually really good. i think like 10-20 hp. ill post it if i can find it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.