DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Actually I have been posting on the "other forums" and am considering a monster pump! I have been reading bout them and want to see more people who do more daily driving before I start to consider one.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
People stroke diesels? I've never heard of anyone doing it. I was actually gonna ask about that too. I was thinking about getting a cam for it, and was wondering if it would really help like it does for gassers.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Yea, cummins has a 6.5, duramax has a 7.1. And as far as cam it really helps with spool up, lowers egt's, brief increase in mileage depending on driving conditions ( from what I have read) I have been reading on other forums bout them.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
I plan on doing one when I do my transmission. Just think its kinda cool, not a lotta people do this to a diesel and the gains are not dramatic but form what I hear I think I would like it.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
well, ya gotta remember, our motors put out a SHIT LOAD more compression than a gasser, and, also we are a strait six motor, so, our cams are longer than v 8 gasser cams, i'm sure they are also made out of stronger material too, a diesel motor ain't exactly friendly to things like cams and pistons...;)

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Yeah, I figured something like that, but I didn't think length would make that much a difference, at least not a few hundred bucks difference. So a Cam will probably be one of the last things I swap, with injectors.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.