DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very surprised, negatively, by the apparent unavailability of tuning options for my 2000 Stratus V6 (at least here in Finland, but also in Europe in general). Such a shame that a great model that was manufactured from 1995 to 1999 has been so neglected when it comes to tuning accessories. And the fact that this automobile was sold here as Chrysler only confuses people. The only suspension-tuning accessory readily available seems to be the lowering springs!
I managed to find one manufacturer, though, a German one called "GTS" (stands for "General Technology Suspension"). They answered positively for a change. Springs and shocks as a set, 40 mm lowering. Never heard of this firm before, but I may give it a try - their set is such a bargain, with a 2-year warranty. Actually I had KONI Sports on my mind, or maybe something by Bilstein... Pricy, but I'd like the option of self-adjusting the shocks. GTS is of the traditional fixed kind.
Is the Stratus tuning situation this bad in the States, I suppose not? I'd expect Stratus to be quite a popular tuning car, as its suspension is special to begin with - or so have I understood.
For example, I read an interesting suspension review of Stratus 2000, written by a Michigan steering and suspension technician:

http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-5DFE-AD17345-39C1621E-prod1

I now wonder if the special "double wishbone suspension" of the Stratus has also made it a difficult car to tune, when it comes to modifying suspension.
What should I think or consider when changing springs, shocks? Coilovers, I dare not even dream of finding those anymore...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.