DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2002 4.7 ram just hit 130k.. Its had royal purple since owning and been changed every 5-6k. So far lastweek i replaced all the brakes and turned the rotor. Changed brake fluid and a new battery (mopar one lasted this long!!) and a driverside hubbearing, new radiator and coolant. My questions are ive never changed the plugs or belt.. Truck never acted like it needed it but ive decided its getting some fresh ones so I will need some good recomandations on those. I have a cold air system,headers,exhaust,h.o cams and intake if that matter for plug choice. THanks for the help and sorry for the long post. If theres anthing I missed please dont hesitate!:gr_patrio

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
If the plugs have never been out, I'd be spraying the tops of the treads for the next week or more before I even tried to remove them. There have been a few DT members that have had the top of the plug break off leaving the bottom still in the cylinder head. Get your maintenance in order before you even think about modifying the truck. If you find a problem and you’ve spent your money on mod’s, you’ll be SOL.

:imo

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You know, I would seriously consider letting someone do the plugs. 130K on an 02 and they have never been touched = more than likely 1 or more will be seized. Let it be someone else's headache who has the tools and experience to do it if that occurs. Labor won't be too bad on just 8 plugs. IMO worth letting a shop do them. JMO.

·
Registered
570 Posts
X2

·
Daytona 8398
946 Posts
X3

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well started at about 8 this morning and got all 8 done without a single problem. The old ones didnt look too bad either. Thanks for all the input ive got a couple plug tools. I own a 98 cobra and its a dohc motor so I have the tools to get the plug out if it breaks wich it has before! All I have left to do now is trannyfilter&fluid wich the trans was rebuilt at 90k, Belt and I think that should about cover it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.