DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've had my 99 durango 5.2 since it had 55k miles. It now has 85k so I decided to change the plugs and wires for the first time today before winter. I used the autolites 3923's. Well, I'm all done now, but the truck is popping while idleing. I haven't even driven it yet. Just it sitting there it's backfireing. I checked all the wires for tightness and in the right order. All seems well. Only thing I can think of is plug gap. I read on here to gap the plugs at .40. Well, I did that, however I checked the previous plugs that I pulled out and they were at .60-.65. They were champion plugs. So now I don't know what to do. I put a new cap and rotor on, new wires, and new plugs. What do you guys think could be wrong? TIA.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
If it's not running correct, I'd say some wires must be crossed.

G

·
I second neil's diagnostic. Even though you checked the wires, double check them. It does get quite tight around the distributor cap and you may have easily mis-matched something. Good luck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did you number the wires when u pulled them off with the correct positions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.