DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TST powermaxcr on my 2006 mega cab, and it feels like it runs better with it turned off.. It won't even break the tires loose, and I tried it on setting 5/5. What is wrong?? Does anyone have any suggestions?? Should I send it back to be checked?? :help:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Can't even break the tires on setting 5.... WTF... I would send it back and get the Superchips. I am not a real big fan of tuners, and I probably will never get one because I can't trust myself with it. Seriously though, I would go with the Edge, or the superchips if I were to get one....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Are you spooling the turbo first? If I don't spool the turbo it dogs for the first 10 feet.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Dude, you should feel a difference on level 1/0! The TST doesn't really do anything until 12 psi of boost but once you are there hang on!!! If you still run the stock LP then you will run out of fuel past level 3/3 so 5/5 is just too much. Are you sure you hooked it up right??
You can set it to defuel if you reach a certain exhaust temp. Maybe yours is set so low that it defuels immediately. Have you checked that? Does it have the guages built in?
Give us some more info......

·
Banned
505 Posts
Got Diesel is the diesel performance master, isn't he??? I'm impressed man. it's like you have experience with all the mods on these things. I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm serious.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I have run several boxes on my trucks including the TST. In fact, I just sold my TST box because I don't plan on going crazy on this truck like I did on the last one.
I'm not the "know all/end all" when it comes to diesels but I know what I know... :gr_bs:

:thatfunny

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got Diesel? said:
Dude, you should feel a difference on level 1/0! The TST doesn't really do anything until 12 psi of boost but once you are there hang on!!! If you still run the stock LP then you will run out of fuel past level 3/3 so 5/5 is just too much. Are you sure you hooked it up right??
You can set it to defuel if you reach a certain exhaust temp. Maybe yours is set so low that it defuels immediately. Have you checked that? Does it have the guages built in?
Give us some more info......

The EGT defuel is set at 1350. I know I am probably runnung out of fuel on 5/5, but I couldn't tell a difference on anything before that so that is why I tried it. I am going to go over all of the plugs today. It has the gauges built in, but is a R49 not the new R49AP. I guess it might be that I am comparing it to my 2003 6.0 ford with an edge on it. Could it be that I have 5" exhaust?? I am also thinking of sending it back and getting it upgraded, so I might have them check it then.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
So, are you saying that once it hits 12 psi of boost that you don't feel anything? If so then there is definitely something wrong. If checking the plugs doesn't yield anything then definitely send it in. A Ford 6.0 w/ an Edge shouldn't feel that much faster, if any, then your truck with the TST. The TST is great but as your only real mod you will only make about 375hp max....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got Diesel? said:
So, are you saying that once it hits 12 psi of boost that you don't feel anything? If so then there is definitely something wrong. If checking the plugs doesn't yield anything then definitely send it in. A Ford 6.0 w/ an Edge shouldn't feel that much faster, if any, then your truck with the TST. The TST is great but as your only real mod you will only make about 375hp max....
It honestly feels no different then stock. On 3/3 should I get any black smoke?? I am n ot getting any. The ford was on 38's and the dodge is on 35's, and the Ford would smoke the tires through 2nd gear. I might sell this box and go with a quadzilla race module.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
01-0471 said:
I might sell this box and go with a quadzilla race module.
Don't forget to put money aside for the transmission you are gonna need after adding the quad

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Hell, The TST will make you need a trans quicker than a Quad box will!! Having said that, I am ordering my Quad box today!!

Dude, if your plan for the future is to make some serious power then stick with the TST. Everybody making the really high numbers runs one in conjunction with one or two other boxes or downloaders. Now, if you just want more power then your truck makes stock but you don't plan on going nuts then I say Quadzilla all the way. The Quad box makes very nice power all the way through the RPM range. That's why I'm going with it again. My truck was downright scary w/ the TST on 3/2 so yours is definitely screwed up if you can't feel a difference. Did you buy it new or used?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got Diesel? said:
Hell, The TST will make you need a trans quicker than a Quad box will!! Having said that, I am ordering my Quad box today!!

Dude, if your plan for the future is to make some serious power then stick with the TST. Everybody making the really high numbers runs one in conjunction with one or two other boxes or downloaders. Now, if you just want more power then your truck makes stock but you don't plan on going nuts then I say Quadzilla all the way. The Quad box makes very nice power all the way through the RPM range. That's why I'm going with it again. My truck was downright scary w/ the TST on 3/2 so yours is definitely screwed up if you can't feel a difference. Did you buy it new or used?

It was new. I am going to call them today, and get it upgraded and checked. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
We'll be waiting. As Ram 3500 said though, you know your trans will be toast if you don't do some upgrades and you run that TST on any of the middle to high settings....

·
Registered
377 Posts
WHen it comes to either a tuner or a power box, I prefer the power boxes due to the on the fly adjustability.

I'm running the same TST box you are and spinning the tires is not an issue with me. They will just flat roast them. My advise would be to get the bypass connectors and send the box back to TST and have it looked at. The bypass connections allow you to just send the box in and leave the wiring in place because they are a real PITA to take off.

Now, if you really want power, stack a Smarty with the TST and save your bucks for a tranny and tires. Lots of tires.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know this may sound very stupid...but make sure your bos is grounded good. You would be surprised how many people get in a hurry and forget to do something this simple. I know I have! Just make sure all the connections and ground is good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just thought about something, my dealer flashed my computer with the TST hooked up. Would that cause any problem?? I am going to do some tranny upgrades next year, and a kelderman 10" with 40" tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gitchesum said:
WHen it comes to either a tuner or a power box, I prefer the power boxes due to the on the fly adjustability.

I'm running the same TST box you are and spinning the tires is not an issue with me. They will just flat roast them. My advise would be to get the bypass connectors and send the box back to TST and have it looked at. The bypass connections allow you to just send the box in and leave the wiring in place because they are a real PITA to take off.

Now, if you really want power, stack a Smarty with the TST and save your bucks for a tranny and tires. Lots of tires.

I think I am going to do that. My TST came with the bypass connector.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Hmmm, not sure on the reflash thing. I was always told to pull your boxes if you have anything done to the truck's computer.

·
Big Riggin'
549 Posts
That reflash shouldn't make a difference. I can't believe you left it on there. Must have a good relationship with your dealer. Defitately send that TST back cuz they definately make some power when working properly.

Also, I just saw a mega with a Kelderman and 44" the other day. IT WAS UNGODLY HUGE. I don't know how the dude gets in it. :hair:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.