1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
A guy that used to work for us had two sets of mud rovers. Neither set would balance and they wore weird. Kumho road venture mt gets my vote

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
Ive heard BF AT's worked good in the snow, thats just what Ive heard. Thats what I plan on gettin when my mud rovers wear out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
BFG KM2's!!!!!

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, it's the general or the dunlop. I'd go kumho, but they don't look beefy enough for mud. Maybe it's my limited experience, so if anyone knows better, chime in and educate me :)

·
Right-wing nutjob.
371 Posts
I've got Kuhmo Road Venture AT's for almost a year and a half now, at around 13,000 miles. Not a problem with them that wasn't caused by owner negligence.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, I'm still taking ideas. i'm getting a new truck in the fall when I get back from afghan. And I'll have a good bit saved up, so I'll be able to do everything I did to this truck, and more. Only I'll do it all at once.

·
Registered
130 Posts
try dayton timberline mt they are good

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
I had a set of generals and they didn't last very long. I'd have been more impressed if they did as they had excellent highway manners and were ok off road.
I had a set of the old style Kuhmo mudders (which looked like the Dunlops) and they were awesome!
I give high marks to the Coopers. I have a set of Dakota M/Ts on my truck now which Cooper makes for Pep boys and am as happy with them as I was my Kuhmos.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Dunlop mud rover in 285/75-16, I've been impressed. Less expensive than similar mud tires, not as noisy as I expected, really great off-road grip. The sidewalls are not that tough, not like a super swamper for extreme off-road. But that makes them lighter and softer. For most of us that see 95% road, I say its a good choice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just switched from Load Range D Dunlop Mud Rovers to Load Range E General Grabber AT2. The Generals are better by far. Both sets were 265/75R16.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.