DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a set of hs 1.7s in his truck already. It's a 99 360 with some bolt ons, longtubes, cai, 52mm tb, soon an sct... but he would like to get a mild cam too without replacing rockers. Truck is a dd that tows on occasion, atv trailers, smaller camper~4500lbs and before i forget he also has a bit of a heavy foot most of the time.

any suggestions for him

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
well before he getting into more work , what gears is he running

i heard rt10 cam people run with the 1.7 ...im in the same boat running same mods i would look into the airgap 1st before the cam see where that gets him

·
Registered
725 Posts
Your friends valve springs will be the issue. When I took my engine apart the stock cam was pitted and the engine eternals were stock no add-ons. Changing the valve springs is a must. Crower has the easiest spring kit for the magnum heads. The SCT will be a must also when the stock cam is changed.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
If going with the rt+10 cam, best to install it 4deg adv. I ran it in the 360 for couple years with Crower 1.7rr. Installed straight up with the m1/2bbl and she lost a fair bit of torque. Probably wouldnt be as bad with the kegger but Id still go adv.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
RT cam suppose to make 6hp above stock, not worth the money/hassle IMHO. RT+10 is rated to make 10hp above the rt. Personally, something like the KRC210 or bigger is worth it. The RT+ is 208/216. Small cams give small results but cost almost as much as a decent cam will. Still need springs/retainers and probably new tune. RT could get away without a tune, rt+ best to get a tune (SCT or B&G flash).
Bigger cams also require a higher stall convertor. Upgraded ignition (box/coil) recommended as well.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well he has a stage 3 kegger and 52mm throttle body, sct will be ordered right befor the cam swap. Truck has 4.56s

What about the krc 206? or is the rt10 a better option

·
Registered
493 Posts
would love to see pics from the LTs to the cat(s) - are they pacesetters? on my wishlist but i have no idea of what mods will need to be done to fit LTs and use cat (direct fit? uni?)

anyone have pics of pacesetter LT and still use cat I'd love to see pics

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually would it be worth degreeing a stock cam? instead of the mess of swapping

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
would love to see pics from the LTs to the cat(s) - are they pacesetters? on my wishlist but i have no idea of what mods will need to be done to fit LTs and use cat (direct fit? uni?)

anyone have pics of pacesetter LT and still use cat I'd love to see pics
I am going to be going that route sometime next year.
I am thinking about getting 2 universal 3" in out cats and running an x pipe after the tranny (where there is room).
All you'd need is some collector flanges, the cats, mufflers, and about $150 if you want to have a shop weld it up for you. The pass side LT header should come with the O2 bung already in the collector IIRC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.