DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have found a kit for a true HID conversion for the H13 bulbs. If anyone is interested I may be able to get more kits but will have to see to make sure these kits do in fact fit. Just wanted to get an idea to see how many people would be interested. I my be able to get the kits for 300 but will have to see. Thanks

· Registered
725 Posts
Im interested! Only if its under $350 dollars and fits the new durango.

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like i said i am getting a kit hopefully the right one from this guy and he might be able to get more kits.. ill find out as soon as i get it.. im just tryin to get a figure cuz if i get enough interest i might be able to get a better price than they would usually cost..

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as far as I was told the kits are simple plug and play.. all you do is plug factory harness into the ballast and the bulb plugs into the ballast... from what i understand there is no rewiring however i will have to ask as i know with my last car you had to install it with relays and such but i do not think that it will be a problem..

· Registered
28 Posts
What about the light pattern? From what I've read the reflectors are more setup for the type of lighting we have now.

Rory

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hid lighting will outperform any halogen lighting no matter what the setup.. i used to have a Cadillac CTS and the halogen bulbs were in and then i changed to hid lighting and it was 100x better at night... also have seen many friends do the conversion and the lighting was alot better than halogen ever could be.. i changed to the blue bulbs on the D and already have a better vision of the road... I can only imagine what true hid will be capable of.. no matter what the setup hids will outperform them..

· Registered
759 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in hearing more when you get the kit. Plus pics if you can! Good luck.

· rangouno
99 Posts
I'm very interested on the true H.I.D kit, do theyshine white or blue. Also are they available for the fog lights?

· Registered
1,440 Posts
tell me more, tell me more!

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well theres not much more to say.. once i get the kit I will be able to determine whether or not they do indeed fit and work and how easy the install is... from there i will take pictures of the kits in action and then i will see how hard it will be for my guy to get these.. he said its hard to get them and its take about 2 weeks just to get them shipped out because they are actually making them as the guy orders them..... there will be color options as stated above.. personally i am going with the 8000k.. thats what i had on my old car... and depending on how many orders you guys want i might be able to get them at a vrey cheap rate.. i think right now they are going for 315 plus shipping but like i said i am sure that with the more orders the cheapre it will be expecially if you (like me) would be ordering the fogs and headlights...

· Registered
725 Posts
Any updates yet???? Im itching to get one!

· Registered
513 Posts
can you get some for the 9006 bulb?

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mtroute said:
are these things on a row boat from china?
no they are being made as the ordre is placed.. since the h13 aftermarket is not so big they are only making each individual kit as orders are placed.. they do not stock these thats why it takes about 2 weeks plus shipping time

· Registered
513 Posts
DurangoGuy123 said:
yea the same kit as the h13 is also made in the 9006.. thats what im doing.. im gonna get the h13 kit and a 9006 kit...

Thanks.

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just wanted to give the update... i should get the kit and have it installed by wed or thurs this week with pictures... i have been talking to my man and he said if i can get a figure together if everyone likes what they see so he can give a figure to have them made and shipped to u... please include if you would like the fogs too.. and how many kits of each.. so just list here or pm me so i can start a non-official count... thanks

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.