DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a True Flow XDI in my 09 5.7 and I'm very impressed with it. At stock RPMs, the intake is as quiet as stock. When you open the throttle, the 5.7 emits a deep growl that just sounds great.

True Flow claims up to a 27hp increase with the intake. The 5.7 has always been strong, so I'm not sure how much power the intake adds.

Gas milage looks to be greatly improved too. From reviews I've read, you can expect a 2-3.5 mpg increase. :rck:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Where did you find that at? Also how much$$$

·
Registered
187 Posts
2-3.5mpg sounds too good to be true to me. I have been checking mine since new and with 3114 miles I am averaging right around 15mpg in mixed driving. On the interstate I bet more around town it is closer to 14.25.

Also the computer is pretty close. Usually a bit high but only .2-.4 mpg over a whole tank.

·
2009 Ram 1500 CC Laramie
600 Posts
I just installed a True Flow XDI in my 09 5.7 and I'm very impressed with it. At stock RPMs, the intake is as quiet as stock. When you open the throttle, the 5.7 emits a deep growl that just sounds great.

True Flow claims up to a 27hp increase with the intake. The 5.7 has always been strong, so I'm not sure how much power the intake adds.

Gas milage looks to be greatly improved too. From reviews I've read, you can expect a 2-3.5 mpg increase. :rck:

I dont know, up to 27 HP sounds way too good to be true and 2.3.5MPG also sounds too high.

I mean, K&N averages around 10-15HP with their intakes. I'd like to see dyno numbers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will wait for AFE or Airraid to come out, I'm not a big fan of the XDI.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know, up to 27 HP sounds way too good to be true and 2.3.5MPG also sounds too high.

I mean, K&N averages around 10-15HP with their intakes. I'd like to see dyno numbers.
Me too. I've been through a quarter of a tank with the intake at about 60/40 highway/city and I'm seeing 18.2 mpg. Highest I've seen before that on 89 octane was 16.7 for a full tank with the same driving style. Looks like 1.5 mpg may actually be the case....

I bought the intake from Total Appearance in GA. www.totalappearance.com Contact Tim 770-717-0734
$299 shipped.

·
2009 Ram 1500 CC Laramie
600 Posts
Even so, 1.5MPG is still impressive! I wish I had an extra $300 laying around :)

Congrats on your upgrade. Pics would be cool :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Buddy's running the XDI on his 07 Duramax 6.6 and he has been to the dealer a couple of times because of the XDI throwing codes Just a FYI :~)

BUT the truck runs good with it! he has soot on both sides by the tail pipes :~)

he has the XDI and Super chip other than that it's stock and Runs strong!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.