DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Gubby's Stomper Truck
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody on this forum have one or know anything about them ? how does it compair to the other CAI like the ramhammer & Vararam?

http://www.trueflow.com/xdi.php

· Gubby's Stomper Truck
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come anybody have one or know if they are any good ? I am in the market for a CAI

· Registered
2,707 Posts
i just bought a ram hammer and I'm going to sell my K&N 77 series thats just 2 months old ...should get my ram hammer this week in the mail PM me if your interested... (paid $230) and have the prefilter for it (paid $20) sell for good price

· Gubby's Stomper Truck
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
5,505 Posts
My opinion about it almost would be like your stock setup. Minus the tubing, but having the filter covered by the plastic I think it would be. Thats my 2 cents

· Gubby's Stomper Truck
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
krs said:
My opinion about it almost would be like your stock setup. Minus the tubing, but having the filter covered by the plastic I think it would be. Thats my 2 cents

thank you for your responce but unlike the stock intake they (trueflow )claim dyno peak gains of 27 horse power and 62 foot pounds of torque

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Please dont believe that. They said something similar about the mit tube they have out. I'm not knocking true flow, its a good intake they have, but the claims they state are bogus. I think the most you will see from an intake is 5- 10hp. They are claiming up to 27hp, but not saying on which make or motor.

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
...don't buy into that 27 hp...it didnt come on a hemi... no way it outflows the ramhammer or vararam...man...i hate marketing..they can skew things sooo many ways...

· Registered
58 Posts
I have the TrueFlow XDI on mine and it works well. HP, Q, and mpg went up. I can feel it. I can also see it on my programmer when I run the 1/4 mile test program. The XDI is different from the other TrueFlow intake that uses the stock air filter box. Check out the TrueFlow site. I'm not a saleman for TrueFlow. However, I'm starting to soud like one. Sorry.

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
...thers no doubt that cai's improve performance one way or another...for them to put numbers like that are unreal... ther saying it shows more improvement then most of the cams we install...

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
...yur trucks a freak of nature Mike... the combination of mods on it totally compliments each other...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Looks cool. But no way is it gonna give gains that huge. Its pretty damn pricey at that too. But if you wanna get it, I say go for it. Hell I once dropped the same amount on a Volant before.

KB

· Registered
58 Posts
I agree with you on the HP gains stuff chefred112. I bought it because it seemed well built and I like the style. I knew it would work better than stock and it sure does. I believe money well spent when everything taking into consideration.

· Registered
5,505 Posts
I gotta agree true flow makes good quality intakes. Its just their claims of up to so much hp is what I hate about them.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
For everyone running 12.88's 13.35's 13.34's 13.32's 13.02's... Put an end to this cai debate once and for all... Make one run at the track like you normally would, then swap for the factory intake. It won't take more than what, 5 minutes? Run it again... See what the times are...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I love it Kevin! :D If I go with someone next time I hit the track and they have a different intake, I'll switch. I may not be in the 13's, but we'll see.

KB

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
I just think it would put an end to it all... If anyone ever asks if it helps... oh forget it, we will just have the mods put it up top(thread) with a little tack next to it so people can see for themselves instead of starting 3 or 4 more threads every day. Plus we will get a general idea as to how much it helps, .1, .2, .nothing, i don't know just a thought!

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
im gonna bring my stock, mopar clone, and ramhammer nex week...if th track isnt crowded...i'll try em all...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Do it up Fred! :tup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.