Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking for a true dual exhaust system for my 86 Power Ram D250. I have only found one so that would fit a Dodge as old as mine and it was on ebay, and wasn't for a 3/4 ton like mine. The engine is a 318. If any one knows any where I can find one I would really appreciate if you could tell me. Also, if any one knows if exhaust systems for a half ton would still fit a 3/4 ton, that would be nice to know too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Though some people have done it different ways (both pipes down one side), you really need a Ramcharger center-mount gas tank to run true duals.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I gave up looking for a kit and just made up my own when I had the new motor installed. I ran the pipes and mufflers down the passenger side and just dumped over the rear axle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That was the easiest way I could get it to work and still tuck up in the bed and be out of sight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i bought a kit from jcwhitney for my 150 but it just runs outside of the frame on each side so i would imagine it would work for a 250

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I make my own and run both pipes down the passenger side, would I have to worry about having more back pressure on one side than the other? or does the length of the exhaust pipe have nothing to do with that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The way i did mine was just run the true duals on each side of the frame like codyglock said he had, except mine are home made, used to be truals (true duals lol) with no mufflers or cats but then the 5-0 didnt like it so shes got some crappy glasspacks

·
Registered
768 Posts
there isn't as much difference in backpressure, as there is in the sound, if one pipe is longer, the tone will be a little different, mine are both down the pass. side, but you can barely notice it. I have an 87 1/2 ton now, but it looked the same as my 85 3/4 ton did. There is little differences in my years and yours in case you are wondering, just a few more wires if anything. You can barely see the mufflers below the frame.

and a video of how nice it sounds! (it's way better in person, this is from my phone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0loWR1Dq0

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks a lot guys. I super glad I made a post now lol. I'll be sure to post some pics of it when I'm all done with it. Should be by this winter. I have enough money for everything I want, I just gotta buy stuff, find the time to put em on, and buy a used truck bed ( had to scrap the old one cuz it was really really rusty). I appreciate everything. Thanks again.

·
older trucks ARE better!
1,469 Posts
1/2-3/4 and 1-ton won't matter for exhaust. I had my 83 3/4 ton w/a 318 custom bent at a local exh shop. (after I put the headers on!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ran mine from the headers down the passenger side and exit behind the rear tires. I have a true dual, no x or h pipe.

Not much of a pic here, but I'll see if I can get a better one.

This is on my '87 D250, btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
No, its not too hard. It should be a little easier with a 2wd. Just don't secure anything until you have it all up and in place.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.