DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 1500 with the 5.9 I am trying to figure out why it won't start. I can get in and the truck will start right up, I drive it two blocks or 200 miles without a problem. Will turn the truck off and then it might not start back up. The problem doesn't happen everythime that is what makes it hard to figure out. If you think you can help let me know and I can try to explain it better.

Thanks

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
When it won't start,spray some carb/brake cleaner in the throttle body and see if it fires foe a few seconds,if it does, your not getting fuel. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you had any work done to it recently?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump cutting out. Next time it dies, turn the key off and on then listen for that whine the pump makes. If you still hear the pump, you should test the fuel pressure at the shradder valve under the hood on the fuel rail.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had these same kind of symptoms when my Crankshaft Position Sensor was dying. It was damaged by the [email protected]#$% repair shop that rebuilt my tranny, and eventually I couldn't get it to start at all. Does the engine crank at all when you try to start it? If not then this could be your problem.

·
Registered
493 Posts
sounds like CKP sensor to me too, or wire leading to it might have insulation off and occasionally shorting out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.