DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 nights ago the battery died in my truck. when i charged it back up the truck would fire but if i let off the gas it would die again, until i ran it at about 2000 rpms for a couple minutes. that night i went to start it up again and it ran fine except for when i started it up it backfired. it sat overnight and when i got off work i tried starting it up again and it wouldnt fire. i tried jump starting it tonight and i would not fire. the fuel pump is working and im getting a very strong blue spark. the engine cranks strong but will not fire. i poured some gas down the tb and still nothing happened. so my last conclusion is the timing. if im correct the timing is controlled electronically, can i hook up a timing light to it and check it that way. if not is there any other way to check the timing. i have no obdII so im screwed on that unless i have it towed into a shop. also it was bagged when i bought it and the guy did a half assed job, now the problem with that is it doesnt lift high enough to get jack stands under it. so getting to the sensor would be a problem. any help would be appreciated. and if it matters the truck has a mopar pcm bigger cam 24# injectors m1 intake iac relocated p&p heads and a big ass wiring mess and the fuel line has been tapped into for a kenne bell

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any codes from cycling the key and counting the blinks of the "check engine" light?

OOPs. Sorry about that. With a MOPAR PCM I think you still should be able to do this and see if there are any codes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think should keep you from cycling the key, reading the blinks of the check engine light, and seeing what codes other than O2 are being logged.

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
Don't poor gas down the throttle body, the fuel does not go thru there, it is injected
on the outside of the intake manifold

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you mean cycling the key. i know its fuel injected but i didnt think it would hurt it since the air and fuel both go through the intake valves

·
Registered
115 Posts
On this year truck as with mine, you can cycle the key on-off-on-off-on-off-on and the check engine light will blink with a slight pause in between the series of blinks. These are the codes being logged. They are also "soft" codes for issues. "Hard" codes are those that set off the check engine light during normal operation. "Soft" codes do not necessarily set off the check engine light but can be related to performance issues. Write down the number of blinks and check this against the codes for the truck. You can get the codes several places, Autozone or equivalent, Google it, or Haynes manual. Sometimes the explanation of the codes is vague so if you let us know what they are we can share what we have done to correct the issue. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.