DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 will not start in cold weather? When I do get it started I will push on the gas and it dies. Any answers to what might cause this? The motor is a 318.

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
Yea, It's called a Battery! Buy an Optima. This promotion put on by "Ricky Bobby Racing" Optima batteries are good. I love my Optima. I see my Optima in little baby Jesus clothes with wings you know like lynyrd skynyrd.Sweet little baby Jesus....OH LORD!!! Sorry I got carried away.

·
Don't Fear the Reaper
1,638 Posts
Yea, It's called a Battery! Buy an Optima. This promotion put on by "Ricky Bobby Racing" Optima batteries are good. I love my Optima. I see my Optima in little baby Jesus clothes with wings you know like lynyrd skynyrd.Sweet little baby Jesus....OH LORD!!! Sorry I got carried away.
Good Lord what are you smoking, or drinking and WHY aren't you sharing! :thatfunny:thatfunny

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Sunflower seeds?:)

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
Ha Ha Ha I'm not telling.

·
Don't Fear the Reaper
1,638 Posts
I pity you folks. It was 70*F outside today. Some days I have actually been wearing shorts. The bad thing out here is the weather is kinda crazy. One day it's 80* and the next it's 50*. Or it's cloudy and freezing cold in the morning, and sunny and hot by lunch. Can't figure what to wear.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Does anyone know why a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 will not start in cold weather? When I do get it started I will push on the gas and it dies. Any answers to what might cause this? The motor is a 318.
Get the battery checked and it show good have it fully charged to see if that helps. If you another vehicle there that you can get a boost from, try starting it while the two are connected to see if the charge from the other vehicle helps to keep it running. These trucks don't like to run when the battery's are low or bad.

·
RAM IT!!!
297 Posts
I woke up to -7* weather this morning, and a trusty 360 that wouldn't start because of...........you guessed it...........THE BATTERY!! Thankfully i have my 97!

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
Sure, it keeps the Battery warm.You could sell yours since you wont ever need them! My friend had the same issue the other morning here. I got to jump start him when it was-12 and it sucked. I told him to get a block heater and battery blanket!But then again he would have to remember to plug them in.I'm lucky, I have a garage!

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
can anyone tell me whats different about my gas truck?

Attachments

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
2 Batteries

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I pity you folks. It was 70*F outside today. Some days I have actually been wearing shorts. The bad thing out here is the weather is kinda crazy. One day it's 80* and the next it's 50*. Or it's cloudy and freezing cold in the morning, and sunny and hot by lunch. Can't figure what to wear.
Yeah, but we ain't in kaliforniay with all the shit you have to put up with there.
;)

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts

·
Registered
10,824 Posts

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
Yes it's on the wrong side that's why I said he has 2 batteries.I could be wrong tho?

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Yes it's on the wrong side that's why I said he has 2 batteries.I could be wrong tho?
You were being serious, I was being funny.......

·
Don't Fear the Reaper
1,638 Posts
You are ALL correct. A while back he added a second battery because he wanted more power for all his crazy add ons or something like that.
All our trucks come prepared to accept a second battery on the passenger side because the Diesel had two batteries.

Charlie, you is correct sir. I hate this miserable place. The only nice thing is the weather. The people and taxes are driving me crazy! Can't wait to leave this hell hole!

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
Ha! I was right.Yes I was being serious. Why else would there be a battery on the pass side of the truck?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.