DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 and about 2 monthes ago every once in a while i would go to start it and it would crank but would not start if i walked away and came back later it would start right up and it did not matter if it was warm or cold it just decided it was not starting it would not then about a month ago it started where sometimes it would not start for days then all of a sudden it randomely would well i got tired of it and i had no time to work on it and it was not reliable so i parked it threw the holidays well yesterday i decided to go and figure it out well the battery went bad while it was sitting so i went and baught a new one and decided while at napa just to buy an obd2 reader and test it well it cranks really well but wont start i put the code reader on it and it said it could not come up with any code so i looked online and found out about turn the accesories on 3 times to get the code so i did and it said p done can anyone give me some advise on what to try or test PLEASE???

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds like a faulty fuel pump that finally gave up the ghost.

Only suggestion I have is spray starter fluid in the intake for about 5 seconds. If it starts and runs for a few seconds or even stumbles then you have spark and it points to a fuel delivery issue - possibly the fuel pump.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
can anyone give me some advise on what to try or test PLEASE???
Try using periods!

A period is a small dot-shaped punctuation mark that is used at the end of any sentence that is intended to make a statement.

Test fuel pressure. You should get 49 psi as soon as you turn the key.

·
Registered
26 Posts
With the code reader plugged in, did you try cranking it over.
On my Dakota when it acted like that just plugging the reader in you might not get a code, but one comes up when you crank the enginer. On mine, I don't recall the code but the engine position sensor was bad.
Put in the new one and runs good.
Leo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts