DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2004 1500 4.7 Auto Quad Cab. Around the end of February I was on my way to work and slowed to a stop at the stop sign before pulling onto the main road, and the truck just died with no warning. A few days before that I started having problems like the dome light not coming on without the key in, the doors wouldn’t lock the truck without the key in and flipped to ACC either. The truck has a dealer installed remote start idk if it has anything to do with it or not. I hardly ever used it to begin with. I had been driving the truck for almost a year when this happen with no signs before. I checked every fuse I had with no problems there. The truck will crank forever with no fire, and when plugging in my scan tool it won’t even come on. The only thing I can think off being wrong is my aftermarket stereo came loose and I clipped the wires off to just get it out of the way for now. I’d like to get the truck fixed I can finally pay it off with this coming stimulus check and start doing mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
When you say aftermarket remote, you mean a remote start setup? That's the first thing I'd look at. Actually, it's the first thing I'd tear off. It's just another fail point in a long chain of fail points. That being said, without doing some diagnosis, there's no real way to know what's going on. Pulling codes would be a good start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s the thing man I can’t pull codes. My OBD Scanner doesn’t even come on when plugged in now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Then you don't have any power to the OBD connector. You'll have to find out what you do have power to, if anything. Since the truck cranks, some circuits are working. While I'm highly suspicious of that remote start, I wouldn't assume that's the problem, but I'd take a real close look at the wiring job they did for starters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can crank the truck with my remote start also, and I checked every fuse with no issue found I haven’t traced wires yet though. I don’t know if something was burnt up because of the radio wires being loose at one time or what.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I seriously doubt your radio wires have anything to do with anything, unless you somehow cut into the main ignition wiring or something. Aftermarket radios should be installed with the appropriate harness adapters, not by cutting wires. Find out if you've got any spark, first of all. If you do, find out if you have any fuel pressure. Those would be your starting points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts