Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I almost had my truck stolen last night at about 4:30am, There were 3 guys in what looks like a Colbalt and the guy in the back seat got out and tried to break my Drivers door handle off to get into the truck. I had my 2001 amost broken into 3 years ago and decided to buy camera equiptment and a Time Lapse VCR and mounted it in the window so thats how I got to see what they were driving and kinda what they look like. I dropped my truck off at the Dealership to have the Sentry Key Installed and the EVS II which I had bought a year ago right after I purchased the new truck. The stayed about 10 minutes but he was spooked a few times. I think they had cased the joint because I had my work truck and My Girlfriends truck was next to mine and he didnt even flinch to look at the other trucks besides they didnt even try to open the Daimond plated tool box that would have been SO Much Easier to steal and make more money then beating the SH*T out of my truck. I didnt have but one very small dent in the passenger door now I have a (2) two Big scratch's and where the door handle goes it is screwed up pretty bad behind it so I might have to get a new door. I ordered the Door handle and it will be in a week so it is safe at the Dealership for now.

Attachments

·
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Its happening everywhere, we had intruders in the parking lot at work
just looking for something loose to pick up.Broad daylight, just little while
ago, 'just checking my oil' he says, but was snooping another vehicle

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
That sh*t makes me sick

Anyone know how good those "jimmi jammers" are that dale3fan3 posted? For 50 bucks it seems like it'd be a good investment...

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
That sucks bro. Same thing happened to my driver's side handle about 3-4 months ago. Instead of prying the handle, they tried jimmying the key hole.. did some nice damage, but not that bad. A week later I got a top of the line alarm/pager remote/extra sirens/back up battery, for peace of mind.

I'm with Andy.. does the jimmy jammer work? What is it exactly? I went to that site, not sure what I'm looking for in that picture that it shows.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Damn that sucks. But dont feel to safe with it at dealership. My Step dad works for one the got broke in to about 4 months ago. They stole 4 customer vehicles and 3 new vehicles. The customer vehicles were locked inside the shop. They do not have a gate in the drive way they park one of there new vehicles in the way. That was how they got out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dayum, that blows. My uncle knows someone who installs the video equipment on cars and he's caught some people doing some screwed up crap. Keying and whatnot. :VHOT: That's the one thing that worries me about having a brand new truck now. I'm always paranoid.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That sucks Matt :mad: .......hope you or the police catch the fools who did this. They better hope the cops catch them not you!! :shoot:

·
Registered
905 Posts
We need to go back to the old days when theives used to get there hands cut off.

·
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
04_on_22s said:
We need to go back to the old days when theives used to get there hands cut off.
They actaully do still do that overseas :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hot Pursuit

Here in TX there is really a law that says that you can protect your property with any force necessary. This is straight from my local Sheriff who I called after a "discussion" with my azzhule neighbor one day. I asked them about self defense and to clarify the law. If someone comes onto your property and you have it posted and your dogs attack them- their fault, no blame to you OR your dogs. If they come into your home after you and you shoot them day or night if they chase you into your home- their fault, no blame to you. If someone invades your home at night or if you feel at risk of losing your life or the life of someone else is in danger and you shoot them- their fault, no blame to you. THE BEST ONE IS HOT PURSUIT- If you catch someone stealing your property, day or night, on your property or in the parking lot at work or while stopped at redlight- KILL THEM!- It is really legal that if you are preventing the loss of your property and KEY HERE- you catch them in the act, and you go after them with your property and in the act of reclaiming your property, they happen to die- their fault, no blame to you, you will not be charged, however you may have to explain yourself to a grand jury depending on the county you live in and how liberal they are. Needless to say, I don't worry about people stealing something while I am home, the fence and the locked gate and the no trespassing/ beware of dog signs and the 7mm Remington Magnum pretty much prevent that- and plenty of lights, it gets pretty dark out here. SO, move to TX and watch closely, if they try again here, shoot them, one less a$$h0le to worry about stealing my stuff. Later, Mat. :shoot:

·
MFIC
682 Posts
*******s. i would shoot them - in the balls.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.