DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck has been surging a few hundred rpms when going down the highway(with the cruise on or off) and even kinda acts the same way when I'm acclerating slowly. Any ideas? If I have it in drive instead of overdrive it doesn't seem to do it?

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
yep, TPS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R&R Tps and it seems to have quit...time will tell...only got to run it for 10 miles or so. Seems to idle better too. The only thing is that when I start the truck it idles high then slowly comes down to around 800 rpm...I gues the pcm is ''re-learning'' the new tps?

·
Registered
609 Posts
my ram dose that but at 1700 rpms and its got a 450 hemi i cant find anything wrong hope you guys can find something

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after a couple days of driving the problem hasn't completely gone away but isn't as bad either...I unplugged the battery for 15 minutes like everyone says and have been driving it since. I have around a 100 miles on it since I changed out the TPS....does it take some time for the computer to ''relearn'' the new values?

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Dune said:
Well after a couple days of driving the problem hasn't completely gone away but isn't as bad either...I unplugged the battery for 15 minutes like everyone says and have been driving it since. I have around a 100 miles on it since I changed out the TPS....does it take some time for the computer to ''relearn'' the new values?
if i am not mistaken it takes around 150 miles for the computer to actually relearn everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.