DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had new tires put on and the truck really wants to pull to the right. They are the toyo mt's 35x12.5x17. Had no pull until the tires were put on. The truck is an 06 2500. All air pressure is the same. Had an alignment done before the tires but not since the new ones were put on. Any help is appreciated. By the way, great site..

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
its called radial pull, take it back & have them replace the tire, very common

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
ultimate ram said:
its called radial pull, take it back & have them replace the tire, very common

He can get the Toyo MTs replaced 100 times and still get that radial pull, specially when going with the larger size Toyo MTs.

Ive ridden on several trucks here with the toyos, all with the radial pull, some try to reduce this pull with an alignment, it will not solve it 100% and you will have your truck out of alignment in order to make it track straight.

Do a search here on radial pull and you will find this true specially on larger solid front axle trucks, your cheapest solution is to get a 1 degree offset balljoint to cure this radial pull to the right, I was gonna do that, but I will get a nice steering stabilizer shock from Kore which helps eliminate this radial pull.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
had the same issue on my 02 with the same size Toyo MT's

·
Registered
109 Posts
We get this question all the time. These trucks have a natural tendency to pull right. Add bigger tires and that is exaggerated. This is one of the reasons that KORE added a steering damper with all their systems. It will help to correct this.

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
ramdiesel23 said:
I have a dual steering stabilizer now so I would hate to see it without that.
He already has a dual setup

·
Mr. Registered User
384 Posts
I am bringing this thread back, I just got the same tires on the same truck and its doing the same thing.

So if I read this thread correct I need a aftermarket steering damper and/or a off set ball joint?

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
so, you got your truck aligned... then put the new tires on?? Or after you installed them..

Could be why it pulls..

·
[[[[[[[Paul]]]]]]]
289 Posts
Alignment

See if you can get your alignment printout and post it here. I may be able to help if I can see what they have it set at now.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I am bringing this thread back, I just got the same tires on the same truck and its doing the same thing.

So if I read this thread correct I need a aftermarket steering damper and/or a off set ball joint?
Just get a nice aftermarket replacement ss shock lfrom Kore, Carli or Thuren, all will solve your problem and help you control those large 83lbs meats...

·
Mr. Registered User
384 Posts
Just get a nice aftermarket replacement ss shock lfrom Kore, Carli or Thuren, all will solve your problem and help you control those large 83lbs meats...
I have yet to get an alignment but I was planning on getting the Kore Recon system.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
It's the Toyos, no other tire i've heard of does it. IMO it not acceptable to have to get a good steering stabilizer to correct it, something is wrong with the tires. My truck tracked straight and always has, my 35" Nittos didn't change it one bit. Any bit the tire shop saying it's your truck is full of it.

·
Brian
796 Posts
Try swapping your front tires left to right.
I have 33x12.50R20's on my truck in the Toyo's and it did the same thing...swapped the front tires left to right and it drives str8 as an arrow down the road...my mechanic told me it is common and he knew exactly what it was when we drove it down the road...alignment is perfect...just swap them left to right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts