DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i really really regret not getting a hemi and am already considering taking a loss and picking up the hemi instead. only been 6 monthes.

Anyways, my question is, REALISTICLY what kind of prices would you get at a dealer for a brand new (these are all new QC's with Hemi's):

1500 SLT
1500 Laramie
1500 Sport
1500 Daytona

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i paid 26 for mine with the 0% interest

·
Registered
560 Posts
26,600 got my father in law a Big Horn edition

·
Registered
525 Posts
I paid $22K for mine. It's an SLT QC Hemi 1500 Big Horn edition.

·
Registered
166 Posts
31,500 w/ 0% for my 4x4 QC Laramie

·
Registered
89 Posts
Paid $25 for mine, sticker was $37895

Attachments

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
my local dealer is having a yearend clearance sell on 06's, they are advertising in the paper, a new 06 quad cab SLT with HEMI, power everything including drivers seat, and power sunroof, 20's, fogs, keyless entry,etc, msrp for 33,120, on sale for 22k something with rebates, etc.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
oyeah, i REALLY wanted a HEMI in 03' but settled for a 4.7, i regretted it right afterwards, didnt like it all, couldnt wait to get rid of it for a HEMI ram, sure am happy now!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see it depressing how i seemingly got a shitty deal. however considering i did not take the 0%, i would have gotten an additional 3000 back making it 23,000.

How much would guys estimate i could realistically get 1)trading it in, 2)privately selling it?

·
The Doc
302 Posts
shmakdawg said:
see it depressing how i seemingly got a shitty deal. however considering i did not take the 0%, i would have gotten an additional 3000 back making it 23,000.

How much would guys estimate i could realistically get 1)trading it in, 2)privately selling it?
To put it simply, you're gonna get bent over and boned if you try to trade it in. If you pd 26K and have had it ~1 year on a 60 or 72 term, you haven't hardly touched the principal, so you are going to owe just about that entire 26K. Best advice is to suck it up, and drive it for a few years. Take good care of it, have fun doing some mods and enjoy your truck. Then down the road, trade or sell out-right and get what you want. Besides, in a few years who knows what DC may be offering as the engine of choice in the Ram. Then we will all be envious of you!
The Doc..... :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
$22,000 for mine. QC Lonestar Edition. Several of the dealerships in the Austin area were advertising $10,000 off sticker. I figured it was some sort of scam, but it was totally legit. We walked out with a new truck in about an hour.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ive only had the thing for 5 monthes with like 8000 miles on it.

doc ur right about me still owing awful close to 26k for it, considering i got the no payments for 6 monthes thing so i still got a month until my payments START. hahah. and everything you said is the dam truth. i know thats what im SUPPOSED to do...but i want a dam hemi!! i just cant wait. but your right i'll pick something up in a couple years. thanks for knocking some sense into me.

does anyone know when they plan on big changes on the ram?

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
shmakdawg said:
Man i really really regret not getting a hemi and am already considering taking a loss and picking up the hemi instead. only been 6 monthes.

Anyways, my question is, REALISTICLY what kind of prices would you get at a dealer for a brand new (these are all new QC's with Hemi's):

1500 SLT
1500 Laramie
1500 Sport
1500 Daytona
I'd trade no doubt.. i was in this same situation with my 02 4.7 and sucked it up for over a year til i couldnt take it anymore.. i was upside down 6000 when i got my 04 Hemi.. With the rebates and them coming Waayy off sticker i was in my new hemi for 27000.. which is 2000 more than i originaly paid for my 02.. i'd personaly rather be burried in a hemi than in a 4.7...

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you haven't made any payments yet, trade it. With the discounts they're offering now, you can absorb your negative equity and drive what you want.

The first mistake was not buying what you wanted in the first place, don't make another mistake and keep something you're not happy with.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats not a bad idea...didnt think of it like that. ill take a trip to the dealer next week

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.