DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the truck back from the body shop after having the custom stripe kit and Rumble Bee style hood scoop put on. Really pleased with the final results.

Photos aren't the best( and make stripe kit look crooked a bit or misaligned but they aren't - the body guy did it PERFECT! )due to the crappy, rainy, day out but they show the general idea.

I know I know, I could have gone with the SRT-10 hood for just a few hundred more... ;) More like $700 more and I actually like the RB scoop myself. I am also not debadging( if anything it needs more HEMI badges :gr_patrio ). I also know it needs bigger tires. I have them already( P265/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo )but am using up the stock 245's during the summer. May as well get what I can out of them before I throw the new tires on.

Still have some interior mod's to do and I plan on some under the hood dress up stuff but the outside is basically done for now. Just thought I would post a few pic's to show it off a bit.

*** EDIT - just as an FYI - the stripe kit was done for me by Westside Vinyl Graphics( wampa1500 ). If you need vinyl graphics Paul is DA MAN!:rck:

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks great to me! I wouldnt mind getting that scoop, how much was it?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scoop was $250 at my local dealer( primed version as MOPAR doesn't offer one in Atlantic Blue - just Red, Black, Silver, and White )and it was $100 to paint and install.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
that looks really good!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paul( Wampa1500 ). Sent you an e-mail to your Yahoo address with the same photos. You did a GREAT job on the stripes and did EXACTLY what I wanted. Have to say I was nervous as I just had the one photo to send you with the base idea and then all you had was my written ideas for the rest. You sure came through though and the end product is just EXACTLY what I wanted( I know I already said that :) ).

I have already handed out all the cards you sent me just at the dealer. Every salesman, mechanic, and service writer in the place was after me about who did the stripes. Big hit. They look 10, no 10,000, times better in person than the photo too.

You have me as a lifelong, loyal, customer now that is for sure( not sure that is a good thing though :thatfunny )! I mentioned it in the e-mail but will here too. I am working on an idea for some graphics on the scoop that will go with the bed stripes. Will be in touch in a while. Have spent over $2500 in the last 2 months on the truck and the cash flow is flowed out ;)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Debadge and clear your headlights!!! Then it will look AMAZINGLY SICK!!!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Damn bro.. That looks VERY VERY good man!!!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
Debadge and clear your headlights!!! Then it will look AMAZINGLY SICK!!!!
Nope, the badges are staying. I actually am into chrome and emblems( ala the muscle car days )and think on the AB chrome looks good.. I have a few more emblems on order for the hard tonneau as it is :) Not a fan of debadging but to each his own.

I hear this "clear the headlights" thing a lot but am a little unsure what you all are talking about? Do you mean to buy replacement housings that use clear turn signal lenses( amber bulbs I would assume ) like the headlights? Just curious.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
NHHEMI said:
Nope, the badges are staying. I actually am into chrome and emblems( ala the muscle car days )and think on the AB chrome looks good.. I have a few more emblems on order for the hard tonneau as it is :) Not a fan of debadging but to each his own.

I hear this "clear the headlights" thing a lot but am a little unsure what you all are talking about? Do you mean to buy replacement housings that use clear turn signal lenses( amber bulbs I would assume ) like the headlights? Just curious.
no, just bake em!!! i did it a few days ago... you take out the yellow reflector... it looks outstanding!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a new one on me. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks pretty good! I'm not so sure in the 345 hp though....Is that at the crank or at the wheels? :crazy:

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Crank.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
dskirtech said:
Crank.....
I figured...I just think its an unnecessary advertisement

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks good. :O I don't think you should debadge it either. I absolutely refuse to debadge my RAM. I think it'll make it look too plain. (I took pics and played in photoshop with some ideas for it.) More HEMI badges = badder truckin'.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
krimsondraegon said:
Looks good. :O I don't think you should debadge it either. I absolutely refuse to debadge my RAM. I think it'll make it look too plain. (I took pics and played in photoshop with some ideas for it.) More HEMI badges = badder truckin'.
As I said earlier I like the badges and chrome. Just reminds me of the old muscle cars.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Truck looks good! I like the stripe design. :tup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.