DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my plugs and wires out in my truck..and now its not fireing up..Ive replaced the Distributor cap,Rotor,Coil,And Battery..Still nothing..ive checked my plugs to make sure they are getting fire and they are also ive checked my block to make sure its gettin compression and all is well. Its just not starting up..any ideas?

·
Registered
441 Posts
did you mix up the wires lol, sorry but it happens. is it geting fuel, spray some starting fluid in it and if it cranks over then theres your prob. also unplug your neg cable and tun the key for 30 sec then plug your nrg cable back in to reset the computer and see if that helps.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sounds like the timing is off. Make sure that the wires are in the correct firing order on the distributor cab, and make sure that cylinder 1 is firing at the right moment (ie at tdc on the compression stroke). to check for that, just turn over the engine with a compression tester in the spark plug hole, and stop the engine when the compression goes up on the tester. My buddy had this same problem with his 87 dakota.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bring #1 up to TDC compression stroke a pull Dist. Cap is rotor pointed to #1 and go clockwise 18436572 1357 are on the drivers side front to back and 2468 are Pass side front to back.

Hope this helps

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive done all that and the wires are right..i just replaced all my fuses and relay's in my fuse box and still nothing..i think im just gonna tow it up to the local mechanic shop and see if they can figure it out.. thanks for your help

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not even farting.
You may have gotten a defective cap or rotor. I've seen rotors allow the spark from the coil go through the rotor straight to ground, ie the dist. shaft. Through a crack or void in the plastic. Try putting your old cap and rotor on. Also check your coil wire.
Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just reread your original post. Your getting fire at the plugs. So can you here the fuel pump run briefly when you turn the key to run without trying to start the truck?

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.