DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck might be sold on Monday if this guy gets his loan for it. I had him approach me the other day and wanted to know if I'd sell it, and I told him if the price was right I would. He wanted to know what it would take to get it from me so I threw out a number and he said he would see what he could do. I hadn't really even been thinking about selling it, but you know money talks. I seen him again today and he said the bank was going to get back to him on Monday with an answer and maybe the money.

I am not really counting it as sold because there is a chance he wont get the money, but you never know. Oh well if he comes with the cash its gone, if not I will still be bumping through town with the same smile on my face.:D

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEMI450HP said:
If it sells, then what would you replace it with??
On one hand I want to get a 07 MegaCab with a CTD, but on the other hand I might just get an older Hemi quad cab for now till I see if any big changes happen with the design of the Ram in the next couple years.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
On one hand I want to get a 07 MegaCab with a CTD, but on the other hand I might just get an older Hemi quad cab for now till I see if any big changes happen with the design of the Ram in the next couple years.
Is the quad cab for more stereo space, or are you going to take a different route with the next one??

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HEMI450HP said:
Is the quad cab for more stereo space, or are you going to take a different route with the next one??
I am probably not going all out on a stereo next time around, but if I keep this truck more speakers are proably going in it.
If I get another truck, it will be more of a regular setup with a couple of 12's.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Damn hope you didnt tell him it had a hemi LOL. No way u could swap mirrors back and get me then SS ones you have?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maka said:
Damn hope you didnt tell him it had a hemi LOL. No way u could swap mirrors back and get me then SS ones you have?
He wants to buy it with everything on the truck as is, and he knows whats under the hood, but he is more interested in what's in the bed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
good luck with that. Hopefully that guy will treat it well.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
All I got to say is you have a nice setup and it would be sad to see such a nice truck go into the hands of this guy. The guy probably knows nothing about installing nor audio thats why he is buying it already done.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maka said:
All I got to say is you have a nice setup and it would be sad to see such a nice truck go into the hands of this guy. The guy probably knows nothing about installing nor audio thats why he is buying it already done.
You are exactly right, he doesn't know how to do anything, customization or audio, so he is wanting a prebuilt ride. I can always pimp out another one if he actually comes up with the cash.

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am keeping the truck!!!!!!!!!

Well I just found out that the guy has backed out of buying the truck after stringing me along for a week. He said he found something better to buy, but I think he didn't get the loan. What he said he bought didn't have a motor or tranny. So I am keeping it and going to start back in on mods hopefully soon. I think it needs to be lower and a couple more subs. I am going to start trying to learn to fiberglass soon, so no telling where that is going to lead on mods.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
I swear you are SCHIZO

From wanting to go LOWER and LOWER now you want HIGHER and HIGHER

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uncbob said:
I swear you are SCHIZO

From wanting to go LOWER and LOWER now you want HIGHER and HIGHER

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know I want a lifted truck too, but love my lowered one. I was looking at a 2001 reg cab the other day that was lifted, had flames, and had some big meaty tires on it. Something like that would make a good addition to my driveway with my 2003. I have to pull a trailer to haul anything since my bed is full of subs. So having another truck to haul stuff without a trailer would be a big plus.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
I know I want a lifted truck too, but love my lowered one. I was looking at a 2001 reg cab the other day that was lifted, had flames, and had some big meaty tires on it. Something like that would make a good addition to my driveway with my 2003. I have to pull a trailer to haul anything since my bed is full of subs. So having another truck to haul stuff without a trailer would be a big plus.
I guess one of each is OK
You have my permission :D

Now just change that Avatar
It scares me

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
KYKillerKlown said:
I like the avatar, in fact i had a couple of color decals made of it. Now I just gotta find a place to put them, probably not on the truck though, LOL.
You probably get a kick out of scaring young kids and old timers like me :whackit:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
how much was he going to give you for the truck. since im sure everyone wanted to know and nobody asked

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
hemiram11 said:
how much was he going to give you for the truck. since im sure everyone wanted to know and nobody asked
He was trying to secure $35,000 for it as is and all my stock parts and another $5000 for some 26's from somewhere. I know that is way too much but he was the one who asked me about about buying it and I just threw out a number, and he said that sounded good to him. Some people have no ability to do anything themself to a vehicle and have no idea what it even takes to modify one so they try a buy a vehicle already modified. Did I find a possible sucker, most definately and tried to take full advantage of it. As of right now the vehicle has over $45,000 put into it (not counting all the hours I put into it)with only 22,000 miles. I hadn't really thought about selling it but since he asked I was going to make it worth my while.:D

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Where the hell did $45K come in??? My truck alone cost $16. So how in the word did all them subs, lowering, rims, and bumpers come to so much?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
maka said:
Where the hell did $45K come in??? My truck alone cost $16. So how in the word did all them subs, lowering, rims, and bumpers come to so much?
Well counting the truck which was more than $16G you spent, since it was before the gas prices went up and truck prices went down, it was around $20G. Add in suspension, bed cover, 22" rims & tires, $12G alone on stereo TV's & alarm, and some performance mods. Then factor in that I have replace tons of parts with aftermarket and upgrade parts including seats, head and taillights, SS bumper & rollpan & grills & mirrors & hidden hitch, and even the seats. Top it off with a little labor and body shop prices and you are up to $45,000 real quick. Just check out my garage for a real retailed list of mods and prices. Well just the truck, stereo, rims, and bedcover total almost $37G.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.